All reviews massage chair the cottages covered porch living room fire pit full kitchen coffee maker cabin accommodations pans linens
Reviewed January 6, 2016

We rented a cabin/cottage from Birch Bay Get Away for a few days over the Christmas holiday. Our cottage - Sandlewood - offered two bedrooms, full bath, living room and compete kitchen at an extremely reasonable rate. Plus dogs are welcome for an additional/nominal fee. Everything was clean, comfortable, and only a short walk to the beach. We were delighted to find such a great spot off season where we could wander the beaches, visit local sites and spend a day in Vancouver, B.C.

Room tip: Each cabin/cottage offers different amenities, so speak with Jake, the manager, who can help you select the perfect setting.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Jake N, General Manager at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words Jennifer. Yes, we love dogs and like to keep our fee's down so that our guests can have the best possible experience their pets! We are pleased that you found everything clean and comfortable! Please do come back soon, right now that US Dollar goes a long way at those fine Canadian restaurants!

Reviewed January 4, 2016

I reserved for 5 nights and after a week needed t change my dates, Jake was very receptive and it was not a problem. I was there over New Year's Eve, very cold weather, but the heat worked well and there plenty of ht water/great water pressure - criteria I judge all places on...Willowwood aced it! My only dissatisfaction was that I never did get internet...but it was clear that "not all devices" will connect. I loved walking around and seeing the statues, the landscaping, tile mosaic and the huge metal bird...FANTASTIC! And, New Year's Eve, Birch Bay had an event where people come and set off flares at 7pm. All around the Bay, it was a sight. I enjoyed my stay, and when I return, I will be staying at one of the cottages, I hope to be in a different one next time.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Suisunali

Thank you for your kind words and appreciation of the statues and the stainless mosaic Eagle by our resident artist Michellino! Yes New Years Eve is the is where it happens here at the Birch Bay Getaway, the views are great and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. See you again next year!

Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were in need of some down time to relax and reconnect. My Aunt had told us about these quaint cabins she had discovered nestled in the woods across from the beach.
We book our room and by the next weekend we arrived in Birch bay.
We got to the Resort later in the evening, I was impressed that Jake ( the on sight Manager ) had stayed up awaiting our arrival. We were met in the parking lot and after a short tour we were brought to our suite. The staff had turned on heat and lit a candle , the fireplace was stocked with wood and ready to light .
I was so impressed by look and feel of this suite. From the leather couches , marble coffee table, vaulted wood ceiling, and amazing art work .This isn't your average hotel room , this is a full functional condo . We had our own kitchen , a perfect view of the water , a huge Jacuzzi IN THE BEDROOM , and the bed was so cumfy.
We had an amazing weekend . Sincerely a romantic hideaway. Just what the Dr. Ordered. We will return again.
Thank you Aunt Audry for the referral. I would recommend this resort to a anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nellycreech

Thank you so much for your kind weds, and sorry for the late response to your outstanding review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the fully functional Jacuzzi, that is one of my favorites at the resort, send my thanks to Aunt Audry for finding us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

Birch Bay Get Away was an amazing experience for me and my husband. Easy access to the hot sandy beach. Their service was excellent due to welcoming staff and a room that truly felt like a little home tucked away to relax. The eagles roost suite was accommodated will a fire place stacked with wood to burn, a huge jacuzzi tub with all bathroom necessities, a large flat screen tv, and even a massage chair with many adjustments.We had a beautiful view of the water from the kitchen and lounge area. I truly recommend the Birch Bay Get Away being a place on your list to come and enjoy, because you won't want to leave.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David B, Owner at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

I'm so happy we could provide you and your husband with an amazing experience, Rae! It means the world knowing we earned your recommendation as well. I can't wait to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Best wishes,
Jake N. - GM

Reviewed November 21, 2015

..I almost overlooked this gem during a previous visit to Birch Bay. Originally I felt as though I'd 'Stumbled Upon' this almost hidden resort. I now like to say Destiny brought me there. I've had nothing but peaceful, relaxing and refreshing stays at Birch Bay Get Away. I highly recommend it.

Room tip: For focus on view:Ask fora room in the Eagle's Roost. For Peace and Privacy, Get a cottage in the back.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

We're happy you didn't overlook us when you were looking for places to stay, Ryan! I'm so happy we could earn your recommendation, and I hope to welcome you back the next time you stay in Birch Bay!

All the best,