“Beautiful and relaxing, couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Birch Bay Get Away

Birch Bay Get Away
Hesperia, California
“Beautiful and relaxing, couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here with a friend for a girls get away in the Loons Commons. The view was gorgeous and it had all the comforts you could ask for. The staff was very helpful when we needed anything and I can't wait to go back! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Thank you for the wonderful trip and I will be back soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MonsieurCapt-B, General Manager at Birch Bay Get Away, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are very happy that you had a wonderful girls weekend, and that you made this a road trip from CA. We hope to see you again soon so we may have the pleasure of being your host again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

On a last minute whim our family escaped to the Birchwood Cottage,let me tell you this place is fantastic! Visiting the Getaway is always like going back in time to the to when mom & dad took us to Birch Bay in the summer,these are some of my fondest memories as a child. The cottage always has that cozy feel, we'll taken care of and the staff very attentive. We really LOVE this place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Apple Valley, California, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for the second time.. this place is just so relaxing.. I even brought my best friend with me. Everyone is always so helpful and nice. I love this place because they have something for every budget. Thanks again for the great trip

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went at Spring Break and loved our cozy, comfy, well equipped cabin. No doubt it would be twice as nice in warmer weather. It's an eclectic little place that probably hasn't changed much over the years but that's what makes it so unique. I would absolutely stay here again as it is less expensive than the Bellingham hotels (at least in the off season) which don't have a beach across the street. My bed was so comfortable and the limited staff were great and made you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to Birch Bay to run in the marathon and were looking for a quiet space with a view of the water. The Birch Bay Get Away didn't disappoint.

We travel often to run races and have stayed in a wide range of places around the world. After a wet, windy race, it was heaven to come back to the room and soak in the massive 2-person jacuzzi tub! We also spent an inordinate amount of time taking turns in the massage chair -- a complete surprise, but such a treat.

We loved having a fire in the fireplace on the two nights we were there, and being able to watch the sunset from our living room.

We stayed in the Eagles Roost condo, which had a lovely big bed with brand new linens, the aforementioned jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, a bath with shower and tub, a kitchen, and a living room with fireplace, two couches, and a massage chair. The kitchen was just fine -- not a 5-star Michelin kitchen, but with plenty of cooking essentials, a spotlessly clean fridge, and four sets of plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, etc. Kitchen also included a coffeemaker and toaster.

The place was very clean -- we could smell the fireplace when we arrived, but I really like that woodsy smell.

One slight surprise was that there is an enclosed walkway along the front of the unit -- the Eagle's Roost is the first of three units, so our neighbors could see in to our living room if they walked by, but unless you have very rude neighbors (we didn't), it's not a problem.

We loved the view and the gorgeous sunset, but I might try one of the cabins on our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Littleton, co
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great place in so many ways.
I travel a lot and ended up renting a cottage here. It was warm, equipped, comfy, cozy, right near the water, quiet, spacious. I loved everything about it for a cabin. I have stayed in cabins before which are quite rustic and look nice but have terrible accommodations, this was just the opposite. Loved it, the space, the room, everything!
Even the owners were extremely accommodating for things I needed more of.
I highly recommend it for family or business.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one but it was the cottage...loved it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
captianspeaking, Guest Relations Manager at Birch Bay Get Away, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Karen,

I am please that our facility worked out well for you and you found us extremely accomadating. Please keep us in mind for future getaways or business meetings. We hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

You'll find Birch Bay Getaway is in a fantastic location steps from the Bay. We have stayed twice and plan to return. Clean and cozy cabins in a quiet, intimate property setting make for a perfect place to unwind.

Highly recommended!

Lesley B.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Sandcastle at Birch Bay
Ocean Promenade Hotel
Ocean Promenade Hotel
#1 of 2 in White Rock
Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa

Been to Birch Bay Get Away? Share your experiences!