“Relaxing retreat”
Review of Birch Bay Get Away

Birch Bay Get Away
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to Birch Bay to run in the marathon and were looking for a quiet space with a view of the water. The Birch Bay Get Away didn't disappoint.

We travel often to run races and have stayed in a wide range of places around the world. After a wet, windy race, it was heaven to come back to the room and soak in the massive 2-person jacuzzi tub! We also spent an inordinate amount of time taking turns in the massage chair -- a complete surprise, but such a treat.

We loved having a fire in the fireplace on the two nights we were there, and being able to watch the sunset from our living room.

We stayed in the Eagles Roost condo, which had a lovely big bed with brand new linens, the aforementioned jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, a bath with shower and tub, a kitchen, and a living room with fireplace, two couches, and a massage chair. The kitchen was just fine -- not a 5-star Michelin kitchen, but with plenty of cooking essentials, a spotlessly clean fridge, and four sets of plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, etc. Kitchen also included a coffeemaker and toaster.

The place was very clean -- we could smell the fireplace when we arrived, but I really like that woodsy smell.

One slight surprise was that there is an enclosed walkway along the front of the unit -- the Eagle's Roost is the first of three units, so our neighbors could see in to our living room if they walked by, but unless you have very rude neighbors (we didn't), it's not a problem.

We loved the view and the gorgeous sunset, but I might try one of the cabins on our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Birch Bay Get Away

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great place in so many ways.
I travel a lot and ended up renting a cottage here. It was warm, equipped, comfy, cozy, right near the water, quiet, spacious. I loved everything about it for a cabin. I have stayed in cabins before which are quite rustic and look nice but have terrible accommodations, this was just the opposite. Loved it, the space, the room, everything!
Even the owners were extremely accommodating for things I needed more of.
I highly recommend it for family or business.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one but it was the cottage...loved it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
captianspeaking, Guest Relations Manager at Birch Bay Get Away, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Karen,

I am please that our facility worked out well for you and you found us extremely accomadating. Please keep us in mind for future getaways or business meetings. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

You'll find Birch Bay Getaway is in a fantastic location steps from the Bay. We have stayed twice and plan to return. Clean and cozy cabins in a quiet, intimate property setting make for a perfect place to unwind.

Highly recommended!

Lesley B.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We discovered BBGA last year and have stayed there on many weekends since. Over the summer, we brought friends down that have also fallen in love with the Getaway.
The owner (Dave) is so accomodating and helpful and his right-hand-man (Ken) is always so freindly and keen to answer questions or help.
For New Years eve 15 of us rented 6 cabins and all agreed it was one of the best New Years eve's we've ever had. Many will be coming back to stay at other times of the year as they just loved the quaint little cabins. All of them remarked how great Dave was and how wonderful the grounds were and how nice the Bay is.
We just love it and will continue to return as often as we can.

Room Tip: Although we've stayed in the apartment with the gorgeous view of the Bay we prefer the cabins (e...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
elijah2007, Manager at Birch Bay Get Away, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

It is always good to see you again, nothing like N.Y. Eve and the July 4th for a good light show.. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have fallen in love with the Birch Bay area. I chose this bay side rendezvous as a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. The owner was super accommodating working with my budget, and was super nice and helpful, always answering my many questions. The room was fantastic and it was a nice little getaway for the two of us! I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Email or call the owner let him know what you want and are looking for and he will help you out!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I spent a great weekend at Birch Bay Get Away. The room was cozy, comfortable, and convenient to eateries/public houses with a fantastic view. We plan to return each year from now on. If you want a restful place to unwind with a feeling that you own your own vacation cottage, this is the place. Enjoy!

Room Tip: For the best view, try the suites located directly over the cafe.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

my first visit here but for sure not my last. It was great! Nice and clean with everything I could want. Big flat screen tv with all the channels, which in Birch Bay doesn't always happen, free wi fi in the cabin and the kitchen was well equipped even down to providing coffee filters. Although it was late October and the flowers are done, I can imagine how cute it must be when all the arbors and quaint sitting areas are filled with flowers. BBQ's (several) on site and even coin op washer and dryer.Also if you get the chance don't miss the homemade fish, chip and chowder dinner in the resturant on the week ends. Great service and nice owners. Oh and literally steps from the beach...

Room Tip: I would express what you like ie :view, privacy,bbq etc to David and let him help you chose the perf...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank debbie w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Sandcastle at Birch Bay
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 27 in Bellingham
South Surrey
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Birch Bay Get Away? Share your experiences!