“horrible”

Birch Bay Get Away
Stockton, California
“horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

first of all the office was filthy and junkie, then the first thing we smelled upon entry was dirty smoky fireplace, dust everywhere, we were afraid to touch things...too late at night to go find another place. next day asked for another room, almost just as bad...the decor was horrible and tasteless...leaks in roofs, dirty kitchen ware, no maid service, the people did try and make us comfortable but the smells and lack of cleanliness was just too much.

Room Tip: view is awesome..not a clean place or updated
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank sacrkd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I reserved the Eagle Roost suite and loved every minute of it. The suite was clean and comfortable; the fireplace was beautiful and stocked with wood; the hot tub was amazing and rather large; the kitchen was very handy. We were given a great off-season rate with multi-night discount, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Also, the management was friendly and always available if we needed anything. Birch Bay is a quaint small coastal town with lots of charm, and Birch Bay Getaway was a great choice for an 8 day vacation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I love Birch Bay Getaway!!! I haven't been back since 2006. I had celebrated my birthdays from 2004-2006 there with family and friends. My favorite was my birthday in 2006. My closest friends came, as well as the manager and owner and celebrated with us. I now live in California and when I came for a visit last week, Birch Bay Getaway was the place I wanted to stay. I will definetly come back with my friends and family from California and rent out a few cottages.

• Stayed January 2012
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

When we got there I thought "Oh! I don't know about this place!!!." This is not Sheraton, but this is better. The lady at the reception (with very long blond hair) was fabulous, she showed us around and gave us options. She even lended us some toys... We took an ocean front suite and yes there is a hallway in front of it which made it perfect bc our kids could hang out there and we knew exactly where they were. The sunsets and sunrise were breathtaking and enjoyed while sitting inside (or outside) our super comfortable apartment. I can't even express how beautiful and relaxing our weekend was... Our children keep asking when we will go back there... At the time I noted to my husband that a ocean front place I had considered would have cost us 6 times what we paid for this one. The kitchen, the bathroom and the bedroom were impecably clean. The bed was super comfortable.We only have good memories of the place and the staff are nothing but fabulous. Thank you so much! This is the place I recommend to my friends and this is were we will stay when in this area!

Room Tip: Middle suite, top floor ocean front, Comrads Cove or somethign like that or just any of the cabins!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank inmy40s
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

We were so pleasantly surprised when we checked in. With baited breath, we opened the door - and since you never know what to expect, we were scared. We put the groceries in the clean fridge, put the flowers on the table, and did a little dance to show our joy. Thanks for a wonderful, memorable Christmas. It was more than I expected. The bar has been raised.

Room Tip: get the cottonwood - unless i check in first
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RevAndDoc
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

What a great place to stay! I frequent Seattle to visit friends and do some shopping. This time however wanted some smaller town atmosphere by the water and closer to Vancouver.
The sea side cottage and laid back attentiveness David provided exceeded my expectations..and I tend to be on the picky side. Even though this was a last minute trip, David's after hours communication was prompt. After a brief phone conversation he provided directions to find the cottage, where I arrived to find an open door to a clean, cozy and quiet seaside retreat with modern conveniences.
There had also been some confusion with the booking so payment hadn't yet been processed. Despite this fact, when I was greeted by David the next morning his initial concern was to make sure everything was ok with my stay. That's not something I've come across too much these days. It was a pleasant surprise and made me feel very at home staying there. When we did finally settle up he even offered a discounted rate!
It's been awhile since I've stayed in Birch Bay. The outgoing warmth of the people and seaside charm brought back fond memories. Looking forward to staying again and sharing it with friends and family.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed a weekend in the Laurelwood cottage and thought is was lovely. The location is right across the street from the beach where you can walk in either direction and enjoy the beautiful sunset. The cottage was cute, very clean and had everything you would need. We loved our stay and would return again without question.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Sandcastle at Birch Bay
South Surrey
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre
Semiahmoo Resort
#1 of 3 in Blaine

Been to Birch Bay Get Away? Share your experiences!