“Great Wine, breath taking views from winery Tuscan style villa”
Review of Chandler Reach

Chandler Reach
Ranked #11 of 19 things to do in Benton City
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine, breath taking views from winery Tuscan style villa”
Reviewed December 23, 2008

Chandler Reach Winery is a quick trip down the highway from Prosser. The estate is beautiful and relaxing - it was the perfect ending to my day of Yakima Valley wine tasting. There is a nice patio and a sweeping view of the vineyard, river and Red Mountain. Wines were fabulous - The Chandler Reach Syrah was full of ripe blackberry and black cherry. I also tired the Monte Regalo - very smooth, balanced with black currant and cherry. The owner, Len Parris was great and I was able to taste the very elegant Parris Estate Reserve (2004?) - it was fantastic!!! Soft oak, rounded tannins, rich, but reserved fruit - it was lust at first sip!!! I missed the monthly Winery Special Italian DInner where a guest chef pairs the food with the wines - I am putting it on my calendar of things to do for 2009. Probably the prettiest winery of my tasting tour. Definitely worth an hour of wine exploration. Several other good wineries in the area as well, but Chandler Reach was really special. I'm coming back for barrel tasting.

2 Thank WineTrailWoman