“Best wine”

Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Benton City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We plant grapes. We grow grapes. We make wine. We sell wine. All on Red Mountain. And all as a family. Come taste wine.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Kennewick
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best wine”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Taste the late harvest and their ice wine. We have become spoilt because you don't want any other wine.

1 Thank pony1219
JJKiona, Manager at Kiona Vineyards and Winery, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We are spoiled to have guests like you pay us a visit!

Waipahu, Hawaii
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Yummy wine!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We tasted quite a few of their wines - my favorite was the sweet whites! Bought a couple of bottles!

Visited October 2011
JJKiona, Manager at Kiona Vineyards and Winery, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the visit, we really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the dessert wines. They are as fun to make as they are to drink!

Tacoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lemberger in the Red Mountain AVA”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Never heard of Lemberger? Neither had I until I tried it at Kiona Winery. This is a very distinct and tasty dry red that I just don't find elsewhere. When I asked the winemaker (Jeff Williams) about it, he claimed this German/Austrian grape variety is relatively unknown in the area but he had planted 80 acres years ago.

So many wines taste similar but try this one for something unique. Many of my wine tasting friends agree that this is the best of the bunch at Kiona. I agree. It alone makes this stop a must if you are in the area.

The rest of thier wines are also quite good ( except I can't personally handle that overly sweet Late Harvest Riesling) and are priced right so I can afford to take home more than one bottle.

Another plus - free tasting (need I say more?)

2 Thank Weasal77
JJKiona, Manager at Kiona Vineyards and Winery, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for the visit, I'm glad you enjoy our Lemberger. If you ever get invited to a brown bag party where folks have to guess the varietal of the wine they are drinking, you will win guaranteed.

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can reach me at info@kionawine.com.

Thanks again,