“Friendly Service, Average Cuisine”
Review of Hana Teriyaki

Hana Teriyaki
Ranked #77 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stopped by for a quick lunch at this little hole in the wall down near the bay in Bellingham. VERY friendly young lady at the counter and VERY quick service. I ordered a plate with rice, teriyaki chicken and gyoza. About $7.50. Nice portions.

I ordered it to eat in and was given a take out box anyway. No offer of water or anything else at the table I was sitting at. So I am convinced that this is really, despite several eat in tables, a take out place. So don't look for much in the service area.

The food was fine. The gyoza had been sitting around too long and were crunchy and not hot. The chicken teriyaki was fine as well. The teriyaki sauce tasted commercial, not homemade. The rice was great, sticky and a healthy portion. A little cup of soy sauce came in the box as well.

All in all, I wouldn't probably go back, but it is a good value and if you are in that part of town and in a hurry, you could do a lot worse.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Out of the way, but always have had good food. Lunch is busy and a lot of call in's...but the service keeps up. Very basic sit down eating...don't expect fancy. Just hot and good!!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This place may be a little hole in the wall, but when we want teriyaki, this is the place to go. I have a copy of their menu in my drawer at home and their number on speed dial. I love that I can call ahead and pick it up read to serve my family. Amazing food, great potstickers (best I've ever had), delicious california rolls, not to be missed!