“Great food and great value”
Review of Oboe Cafe - CLOSED

Oboe Cafe
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great food and great value”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

And the staff are friendly too. The food is well prepared and good value for the money. The room is clean and the decor minimal but quiet comfortable.

Visited December 2012
Dana W, Director of Operations at Oboe Cafe, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
F Rodney L-

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent visit to the Oboe Cafe. Check out our new menu prepared by our new executive chef, Peter Roberge next time you are here. We hope to have this in place by the beginning of 2013.

Happy Holidays and Make it a Great Day!

Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast was exceptional!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great atmosphere, generous portions and terrific wait staff!! I was greeted with a smile, checked on frequently and when I asked for 2% milk for my coffee, the waitress also included 2% for my oatmeal!!! Very perceptive and accurate in her assessment.

Visited November 2012
Dana W, Director of Operations at Oboe Cafe, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
SkiptheConsultant,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the Oboe Cafe! We want to make sure all of our guests are taken care of and I am glad to see you most certainly were. I will make sure everyone here on staff gets a chance to see these comments and we hope to see you again real soon!

Make it a great day!

Duncan, Canada
“Dinner”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a nice booth and the service and the food was great,we also had a coctail and the service was excellent as was the atmosphere,thank you

Visited October 2012
Dana W, Director of Operations at Oboe Cafe, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Bruce M,

Thanks for dining with us! I am glad you got to enjoy your meal! Look for a new menu debuting here very soon.

We hope to see you again!

Best,

Vancouver, Canada
“Very good service, food ok”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Service exceptional
Food just ok
Bacon burnt
Maybe we were just unlucky that morning
The juice and everything else were ok

Visited September 2012
48101AGM, General Manager at Oboe Cafe, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Thank you for your comments.

The Oboe Café has closed its doors and the property has gone under major million dollar renovations.

Currently we are still serving three meals a day in the lobby café, yet March 2015 a new restaurant will open, under new management with a new name late March 2015.

The new restaurant will be called Chinuk – Flavors of the Northwest.

We are excited about the new partnership, new Chef and management.

The new restaurant will feature Pacific Northwest Cuisine, with tribal, farm and sea to table offerings, through the four seasons.

Please watch for announcements on the new Restaurant via the Lakeway inn Facebook Page or call us at 360-671-1011 Ext 517

Larry MacDonald
General Manager – Best Western Lakeway Inn.
Edmonton
“Loved the restaurant - the service, not so much...”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This quiet little cafe is in the Best Western Plus Lakeway Inn at Bellingham, WA., where we were staying for the weekend. It's small, nicely decorated, comfortable and the perfect place to have a quiet meal and relax. We started with dinner the first night, and the food was excellent, with good portions and reasonable prices. I asked for my sandwich without the spicy mayo, and no carmelized onions- but I got both, which I proceeded to scrape out of the sandwich myself. The server stood near the kitchen door & watched me do that, but never came to our table, until it was time to give us the bill. Annoying, but not a huge deal... so we thought we'd try it again next morning for breakfast. Different server, but same service. My husband asked for white toast, but got brown. I asked her if they had peanut butter and ketchup, and she said they did - but she never brought us any. We had to ask again for both. She never come back to refill our coffees even once, and just like the server from the night before, the only time we saw her again was when she brought us the bill. The cafe was almost empty both times, so the lack of attention is confusing, and left us having decided that the great food & ambiance is not worth it.

• Visited July 2012