“Great decor and food”

Old World Deli
Ranked #36 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I really like the informal vibe to this place. The decor is very inviting. I ordered the spicy italian sandwich and a cup of lentil soup. The soup was delicious as was the sandwich, although a half portion was a little small for me.

But it's really the atmosphere I like. Good place to just hang out and read a book or people watch. I'll make this part of my rotation.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Can someone please ask the owners to add a Portabella Panini to their menu? There is only so many times someone can eat the same old vegetarian sandwich options. I know they could make a wonderful Panini. Maybe they could try it as a special first?

1  Thank borderchickoc10
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Terrific soup and sandwiches on a cold day: the pannini were delicious: great bread, not too thick, excellent proscuitto , cheeses, and other deli meats, interesting wine selections - can't wait to return and work my way through the menu: so many delicious-sounding combinations, all at very reasonable prices!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped in here on an evening in Bellingham when we were tired and didn't want a huge dinner. What a wonderful treat. We parked on the street and entered to the sounds of a bluegrass band, The Prozac Boys. There were two ladies in this group, one playing fiddle and the other doing vocals. We went to the counter and placed our order for two sandwiches. Oh my, they were delicious and really hit the spot. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the entertainment.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Informal, Northern European feeling. On-street metered parking. Delicious soups that change daily; repertoire of sandwiches muffettas and breads/italian rolls. Daily "specials" and entreé -sized salads made to order.. Vegetarian items available.service. Reasonably priced at $10.65 for a sliced roast chicken sandwich on whole wheat toast with pesto.

Deli case has a variety of salamis and cheeses. Broad wine selection w/ a number available to taste/by the glass.. Good selection of bottled soft drinks, domestic and imported bottled sodas anffruit drinks.