“The third choice was first-rate!”
Review of Old World Deli

Old World Deli
Ranked #40 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After we'd struck out at two other Bellingham restaurants on a busy Saturday, we found this friendly, pleasant spot. Savory sandwiches (try the chicken pesto panini) served on crusty Italian bread - where the half portion was more than ample. Duck soup (really) with cannelloni beans and subtle flavorings was the stellar soup of the day. We rounded out our comfort food lunch with a house-made chewy chocolate chip cookie and a Jo's Salted Caramel Chocolate Graham. OWD also features plenty of provisions to tempt you to take something home: Wine, cheeses, Euro-groceries and more.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I attended their wine dinner in November. It was informative,entertaining but more importantly, delicious. The wines they featured were not wines I would have normally picked out so it was a treat. The wine dinner has a limited seating and provides an intimate feeling. The food is served family style so there is no shortage of opportunities to get meet new people.
We frequent their deli about once a week, the upload photos of their specials menu to facebook.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was looking for some good deli fixings to take home and this place was perfect. Copa, salumi, house made rillets, good funky smelling cheeses both local and imported, olives, etc. Super nice folks, too.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The is no better place for a sandwich, soup or salad in Bellingham. They always have interesting specials. Service is great and fairly fast. Lots of variety. I have never been disappointed here. The price you pay here is worth it and some. I wish there were more restaurants in Bellingham that did it right like they do.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I am always seeking a great sandwich but am most often disappointed by floppy or too thick bread, meager amounts of meat, and blobs of mayo. Finally my sandwich dreams have come true! I loved the atmosphere which is part basic deli part granola. Cheese and meat platter offered some great samples to nibble on too. Service is 4 only because it's a deli so no table service, but the staff were super friendly.