“Very disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Blaine, WA
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant, but just one step inside the door and I knew it was not the place for me. The greeter was slow and abrupt as if I had interrupted him from more important business to seat me. He placed me at a table in direct line to the kitchen when there were lots of tables available. The restaurant was in serious need of a good cleaning and it just seemed seedy.

Visited February 2013

Seattle
“Interesting tasty choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We love asian food and this place offers the best of several countries' cuisine. The portions were large enough to take home and feed us a second night! I was a little surprised that the lomein noodles were simple spaghetti pasta based instead of rice based, but the taste was great. We missed the happy hour, but the prices were still quite fine. Great place for food in Fairhaven.

Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent relaxed fusion restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

From the time we walked in the door our service was excellent, even though the Olympics were on. Great waiter. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Loved loved loved, the calamari appetizer. For a main course I got the 5 spice tuna salad, which was done to perfection. Can't wait to come back and try more.

“Fresh Fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My kids had a day off school so we tried a new place for lunch. There was only one server, but he was hustling to keep up. To be honest I wasn't expecting too much from the sushi, but my kids like California rolls so much they'll even eat those awful ones you get at the grocery store. We ordered 3 CA rolls, 1 shrimp tempura roll and the tuna poke salad to share.

It did take a while to get our food, but they do serve complimentary miso or hot and sour soup. However, once our server put the sushi on the table it was a whirlwind of eating! There were 8 pieces in each CA roll and 6 in the shrimp roll, if I recall. That's 30 all together - I got 2 (one of each kind). Obviously, my kids loved the rolls - 14 each! I think that's a record for them! The CA was one of the best I've ever had and I'd highly recommend it. The shrimp was good, too. The tuna poke was very fresh and well seasoned.

We will definitely come back. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because they could use another server. While the guy who was there was doing a great job it was kind of distracting watching him hustle so much and I felt bad for him. I know it's not his fault, though!

1 Thank FlyingZs
Bellingham
“best sushi in bellingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2008

This is my absolute favorite sushi place in Bellingham - in fact, it's the only Bellingham place where I'll even bother with sushi anymore. They just re-did the menus so now the best rolls (Baked scallops roll being a good example) are on the menu. I don't know much about the rest of the food, although they do make plenty of other dishes like stir-fry and noodle dishes. I just don't usually try anything else because the sushi is so fabulous.

As far as the service, it's generally excellent - I probably eat here at least twice a month, and have for the past couple of years, and I've only had truly poor service (not rude, just distracted) once.