“Good food, neat little place”
Review of La Gloria Taqueria

La Gloria Taqueria
Ranked #167 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a little place beside the mexican market. Nothing flashy or fancy just good honest food and good service. It was very busy and this was at 3 in the afternoon, a very good sign. No margaritas but a good mexican beer selection. The food was honest, tasty and good value. I had the platter which was way more than I could eat, others had tamales and chile relleno which they raved about as well. It is harder and harder to find good mexican food and this was a breath of fresh air, reminded you how good it can be and you don't have to break the bank. Check it out.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Its usually these little hole in the wall places that springs such surprises on you. The food and service were very good! I ordered the Carne Asada and my wife ordered Soft Tacos with Chorizo and Adobada. Our daughter had the kid size Cheese Quesadilla. The cashier and waitress were very friendly and I felt they went out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. Definitely will be back for more!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

In addition to great food, the staff is very friendly. Attached to a store with lots of Mexican grocery items that are usually hard to find.

1  Thank Lars_5
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was my first visit to this place. It is right next to their grocery store.
The place is not that big but it is clean. The cashier and the waitress were friendly and nice. There is a lot of selection for Mexican food. I haven't been to Mexico so I do not know how authentic it can be. The best food that I got in there is the Carne Asada. It is so tasty. Their salsas and refried beans are good. We also ordered the shrimps with mushrooms but am not sure if this is a Mexican dish but it is just so so, not bad though not impressive. I think it is good to stick with the Mexican ones. The beef tacos are good; not made with ground beef but with chunks of beef. Price-wise, for the carne asada with rice and refried beans and fresh tortillas, it costs $10. My son wanted an authentic Pozole soup because he tasted it in Mexico so I ordered one to go and someone ordered one to eat in the restaurant. The to-go version didn't have the same fixings as the one to be eaten in the restaurant. At home, my son said it was not as good as the one he had in Mexico.

1  Thank MGDay2
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place is so totally not Whatcom County-ish. The food is real Mexican and a lot of Hispanics eat here. There is a meat market/grocery/old school general store attached. If you like to make your own EVERYTHING you could possibly need is there. If you like Mexican go there. I'll bet you can find one or two items either on the menu or in the store that you had no idea about!