“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Canada
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was my first visit to this place. It is right next to their grocery store.
The place is not that big but it is clean. The cashier and the waitress were friendly and nice. There is a lot of selection for Mexican food. I haven't been to Mexico so I do not know how authentic it can be. The best food that I got in there is the Carne Asada. It is so tasty. Their salsas and refried beans are good. We also ordered the shrimps with mushrooms but am not sure if this is a Mexican dish but it is just so so, not bad though not impressive. I think it is good to stick with the Mexican ones. The beef tacos are good; not made with ground beef but with chunks of beef. Price-wise, for the carne asada with rice and refried beans and fresh tortillas, it costs $10. My son wanted an authentic Pozole soup because he tasted it in Mexico so I ordered one to go and someone ordered one to eat in the restaurant. The to-go version didn't have the same fixings as the one to be eaten in the restaurant. At home, my son said it was not as good as the one he had in Mexico.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MGDay2

Bellingham, Washington
“If you want real Mexican Food and supplies to make your own go here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place is so totally not Whatcom County-ish. The food is real Mexican and a lot of Hispanics eat here. There is a meat market/grocery/old school general store attached. If you like to make your own EVERYTHING you could possibly need is there. If you like Mexican go there. I'll bet you can find one or two items either on the menu or in the store that you had no idea about!

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver
“Down South food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a Vancouverite, this is the nearest actual Mexican eating experience that you can find. Great food at great prices. Classic tacos in a diner style eating establishment that is popular with the local Latino population, for obvious reasons. Once you eat here it will become a habit. I like to shop at the market next door as they carry mole paste (Telomoapan) that I usually have to bring back from Zihuatanejo otherwise. Also stocks a lot of other Mexican products which are hard to find north of the border and at very good prices, as well.

• Visited April 2012
Abbotsford, Canada
“Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have been going to La Gloria's, behind the Car Wash on The Guide, for years now & I can honestly say La Gloria's in the best!!! The tortillas are home made when you put in order, the Horchata & Jamaica are oh so good. Needless to say the food is out of this world!!! When I'm done eating I walk a few feet to the Carniceria for all my needs in meat. Try La Gloria's and I am sure you also will love it...

• Visited March 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“The Real Deal for Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

La Gloria Tacqueria can be a trifle hard to find, even though it's right across Guide Meridian from Bellis Fair Mall. It's in a non-descript building that faces the mall, but since it's uphill from the street it can be easy to miss. Easier to see if one looks for the much larger sign for the Mexican grocery store (of the same name) the restaurant adjoins. However, find it, and you'll find truly authentic Mexican food.

The day my partner and I tried it for the first time, we were the ony people there speaking English, other than the helpful woman who took our order at the counter. I haven't had food like that since my last trip to Baja! The Chile Relleno was superb: not greasy or encrusted with heavy batter, with liberal amounts of cheese. As I was in more of a "veggie" mode that day, I had the Cheese Enchiladas. Great! The red sauce was rich with chili, not diluted with too much tomato. Can't wait to return and try some of their meat dishes.

It's not a fancy place by any means. A few tables and booths. It felt like Baja.

• Visited February 2012