“Best Breakfast Sandwich Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
washington state
“Best Breakfast Sandwich Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I've been here twice. The first time was about a year ago and the last time was yesterday. Both times I had their breakfast sandwich. There's a choice of english muffin types and I like the rosemary muffin. They make the sandwich and then stick the entire sandwich on the grill so it comes to you nice and hot, a little crunchy on the outside but not hard. The combination of the egg, bacon (you can get this vegetarian as well), cheese, tomato and pesto create this medley of tastes that is perfection. Both times I found myself savoring each bite. The lattes and cappuccino are also good. On my first visit I got some soup to go which was also delish.

You order at the counter (which doesn't seem an imposition because the owners are so nice and helpful that it makes that experience enjoyable). They bring the food to your table and check on you to make sure all is well.

The couple who own the place are delightful. I said something to the gentleman owner about tripadvisor and he asked me how to access the site. I ended up pulling it up on my smartphone and showing him. He took it over to his wife to show her. Turns out they had never read any of the reviews! I was pleased to be able to let them read the complimentary things people have said.

If I lived closer and/or didn't work full-time, I would certainly come more often.

They are only open during the week.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank morejourneystocome

Bellingham, Washington
“Good eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Delightful family-run restaurant in downtown Bellingham. It always feels homey to duck in here. The menu always has appealing items to choose from.

Visited January 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“Try the soup of the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Torre Caffe has been a regular lunch spot for years. Luisa and Pasquale prepare great soups and sandwiches. Frankly, the soups are not "like cooked at home," they are way better. The mushroom soup, the cream of asparagus. Hmmm, I could get hungry just thinking about this. And let us not forget the real Italian lasagna. And all that served with old-world style and grace! The prices are very reasonable for the quality. I also like the americanos and during the Christmas season you can't beat the eggnog lattes.

• Visited December 2013
Bellingham, Washington, USA
“My Favorite Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been a regular at Torre Caffe for 4 yrs. There isn't anything on the menu you could go wrong with. My favorite is the wonderful soup selection they offer each day. Just like Mama use to make. The Lazagna & Panini's are hard to beat. All hand crafted. Everyone is so friendly & always wants to insure your meal is the best. Good Job!

Visited November 2013
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Great little place to stop for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Whether you are stopping by for a latte or grabbing a sandwich and soup, they do a great job. Some of the soups are just incredible. The owners are friendly and a hoot to talk to.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Torre Caffe? Share your experiences!