“Amazing food! Eat eat eat!”
Review of Temple Bar

Temple Bar
Ranked #42 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

A friend brought us here on Saturday night. Didn't have any issues finding a table at 8:30. We ordered the stuffed dates, temple bar cheese plate (3 cheeses, olives, grapes, honey and baguette); the tarte de jour; blue cheese dip; and the amazing polenta. Between four is us we ordered a second polenta! I don't care if you think you don't like polenta - just order it. And you can't go wrong with the generous pour of their Kopfe port, or a glass of bubbles!

There are newer reviews for Temple Bar

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came here for our 31st anniversary. We love to try lots of different things for dinner: sushi, tasting menus, happy hour menus and tapas.
This menu did not disappoint. The duck mousse on the everything plate was great! As was the cheese and the pickled vegetables. The baguette was fresh with the proper amount of "chew". I wish we could have tried more items- and we can only eat so much, but I'm sure we'll be back. We just moved to Bellingham and are in the process of getting to know the area.
The only sour note was that the Everything plate didn't contain any fruit. I think it was supposed to. That would have helped to cut some of the salt from the landjaeger, olives, pickles, etc.
The service was top notch; the atmosphere lively, even on the Monday evening.

2  Thank chuckE334
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The service used to be alright, now it's terrible and the food is cheap and costco quality. SKIP. Unless you want to waste 17$ on 2$ worth of cheese and meats. Head to costco, make your own "fancy plates".

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This small, somewhat quirky place had already been reviewed as having a talented cook/chef, so I checked it out last week during my one night jaunt up to Bellingham.
I copied a fellow bar guest, and ordered the goat cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped date bites, sitting atop a delish balsamic reduction, as well as the thickly sliced smoked salmon, served with seeded crackers, dill dip and a bit of dressed arugula.
Fearing I might still be hungry, I then ordered the polenta with wild mushrooms, which was unusually creamy, and though a bit salty, very tasty indeed. (I have been unable to obtain that level of creaminess when I have occasionally made polenta myself).
I took a piece of chocolate pecan pie to go, which turned out to be only average; perhaps because it was not as sweet as the usual recipe. Then again, I'm a master baker, so don't take my word for it.
The two servers I encountered were briskly efficient and friendly.
Overall, I believe this place is really worth a visit.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

While it is smaller and a bit less crowded than its well-known neighbor, Bayou on Bay, this place is at least as good, if not better, for a casual drink, conversation, and gourmet eats in small, well-done doses. What they do, they do exceptionally well: craft cocktails, small plate bread/cheese, sandwich specials, desserts. We sampled several and found everything to be better than its description. Service was fast, professional. Outdoor seating for those who want to see and be seen, indoors is intimate, cozy. Perfect for couples or small groups.