“A Fun Experience with small plates”
Review of Temple Bar

Temple Bar
Ranked #85 of 444 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bellingham, Washington
“A Fun Experience with small plates”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came here for our 31st anniversary. We love to try lots of different things for dinner: sushi, tasting menus, happy hour menus and tapas.
This menu did not disappoint. The duck mousse on the everything plate was great! As was the cheese and the pickled vegetables. The baguette was fresh with the proper amount of "chew". I wish we could have tried more items- and we can only eat so much, but I'm sure we'll be back. We just moved to Bellingham and are in the process of getting to know the area.
The only sour note was that the Everything plate didn't contain any fruit. I think it was supposed to. That would have helped to cut some of the salt from the landjaeger, olives, pickles, etc.
The service was top notch; the atmosphere lively, even on the Monday evening.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank chuckE334

Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The service used to be alright, now it's terrible and the food is cheap and costco quality. SKIP. Unless you want to waste 17$ on 2$ worth of cheese and meats. Head to costco, make your own "fancy plates".

• Visited August 2013
Calif
“Tasty small plates”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This small, somewhat quirky place had already been reviewed as having a talented cook/chef, so I checked it out last week during my one night jaunt up to Bellingham.
I copied a fellow bar guest, and ordered the goat cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped date bites, sitting atop a delish balsamic reduction, as well as the thickly sliced smoked salmon, served with seeded crackers, dill dip and a bit of dressed arugula.
Fearing I might still be hungry, I then ordered the polenta with wild mushrooms, which was unusually creamy, and though a bit salty, very tasty indeed. (I have been unable to obtain that level of creaminess when I have occasionally made polenta myself).
I took a piece of chocolate pecan pie to go, which turned out to be only average; perhaps because it was not as sweet as the usual recipe. Then again, I'm a master baker, so don't take my word for it.
The two servers I encountered were briskly efficient and friendly.
Overall, I believe this place is really worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Cool, casual, creative concept!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

While it is smaller and a bit less crowded than its well-known neighbor, Bayou on Bay, this place is at least as good, if not better, for a casual drink, conversation, and gourmet eats in small, well-done doses. What they do, they do exceptionally well: craft cocktails, small plate bread/cheese, sandwich specials, desserts. We sampled several and found everything to be better than its description. Service was fast, professional. Outdoor seating for those who want to see and be seen, indoors is intimate, cozy. Perfect for couples or small groups.

Visited August 2013
Bellingham
“Best Happy Hour in Bellingham”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Temple Bar has the best happy hour, in my opinion. My mom and I go here for happy hour and we share the cheese plate with a bottle of wine. It's an excellent value! Temple Bar is very relaxed and has indoor and outdoor seating and is in a great location downtown. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2013