“We have been here before and always put it on our Bellingham "must do" list.”
Review of La Vie En Rose French Bakery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Vie En Rose French Bakery
Cuisines: French
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We like the cookies!
We enjoyed our lunch, but felt the quiche was a little overpriced.
The staff are friendly and the place is clean.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This delicious bakery/restaurant is small, but full of tasty items. We like to go in the morning for their homemade muffins, pastries and breads. But, their are lots of fresh, homemade items for lunch, such as quiches, sandwiches and soups. If you like your food local and fresh, this is the spot. The coffee is also great. And in the afternoon, try their wine and beer selection.
A great find in the middle of downtown Bellingham.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stopped here for lunch after reading the reviews here. It's a charming little place in downtown Bellingham, nice neighborhood to stroll through. It was a lovely afternoon and I would like to have sat outside, but there were only 2 outside tables, both taken.

I had a slice of pesto/tomato/mozzarella quiche, and a small bowl of apple/cranberry/broccoli salad. The quiche was very good, the salad was excellent! I was a bit disappointed that they were out of chocolate or almond croissants, but it was afternoon.

Service was good - it was mid-afternoon so not busy. All in all a lovely little bakery and cafe.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Part of my trip report:
To kill time until the Spark Museum opened, we wandered around the neighborhood near the museum. Luckily, we happened upon this wonderful bakery. Staff are welcoming and helpful. When I asked my usual question about crust (lard?), they checked with the chef and gave a detailed answer. Early enough in the summer that I am grateful for every sunny day, we sat at an outside table. My quiche was both light and filling -- sundried tomatoes, cheese...other good stuff. My dad seemed pretty happy with his raspberry cheese danish and coffee.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stopped in during a cloudburst for coffee and pastry. Excellent selection of cookies, pastry, soups, etc. and coffee, of course. All made fresh on the premises. Quick service and very reasonable prices. A foodie destination.