“Best Bakery Around”

Add it.
La Vie En Rose French Bakery
Cuisines: French
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Top quality scrumptious food and friendly service to match. Very small, very casual.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Perfect for a little pick-me up snack in the afternoon. Excellent baked goods. The cakes are a little pricy, but worth it.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We'd been so focussed on shopping we'd missed the lunch hour and needed food right away. The bakery was small with a depleted inventory when we got there. But ... the food and espresso was great. My sister orders chicken pot pie everywhere. It was the last one left so I opted for good old quiche. Both of us tasted each other's but would not trade any further bites. Best chicken pot pie she'd ever had and I raved over the caramelized onion, mushroom quiche. Every mouthful was savoured. I even tried to get the recipe. she told me just half milk and half cream and baked slowly. This will be our favourite spot to stop in Bellingham and we'll get there earlier when the display case is full!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

There is a lot of hype in Bellingham regarding bakeries but for non-cake baked goods I consider La Vie En Rose to be the best. Their croissants are great, and they make rosemary rolls with sea salt on them that are incredible. This is a great place to grab a pastry and a cup of coffee or an espresso drink. They also have nice lunch items such as soups, quiche, salad-type items, and sandwiches. The staff is always very helpful and the owner is definitely a foodie type. Go early for best pastry selection.