“the shack was demolished, years later resurrected as a restaurant”
Review of Shrimp Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shrimp Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved the old Shack, very fond memories there as a kid, the fresh market and the restaurant. it was a busy place. fastforward 20ish years and it was reimagined, it's prettier, probably more hygenic, but it lacks the heart it had - and the food is meh.

2  Thank Slugbuglady

Reviewed January 21, 2013

the new one downtown is not nearly as fun as the old one was, great shrimp! I had a neighbor who loved it so much she took antihistamine before she ate it since she was allergic!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The fish and chips are passable, the chowders are good, but generally the others items are cardboard tasting frozen seafood items quickly fried. We have been there several times, but will probably not return.

1  Thank willyum2
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We love the chowders! Fish'n'chips & shrimp are yummy! It's got a family feel and we can get in and out or stay & visit.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The fish and chips were good but not amazing. The chips were just generic fries. The halibut and cod were tasty, but not so memorable that we would go back if we were ever back in Bellingham. I am sure there is better fish and chips elsewhere. The tartar sauce and coleslaw was quite good. I had a cup of clam chowder and was not impressed.

I thought the service was excellent. The place was not quite open when we arrived but they invited us in anyway to get out of the rain. Our server was friendly and our food came out fast.

All in all, it isn't a bad place, but I think you can do better.