“Dare I say, better than the Greek restaurants in town!”

Mediterranean Specialties Cafe
Ranked #210 of 443 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Bellingham, Washington
“Dare I say, better than the Greek restaurants in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was delighted to see all the offerings they had. So many spices and delicacies offered, it's very hard to choose. We started with gyros, one chicken, the other beef. Delicious! We couldn't leave without trying the baklava and it was absolutely exquisite. We will definitely be back, we have many more items to try....

Bellingham
“Great for specialty ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This neighborhood gem has a great selection of specialty Mediterranean ingredients and food items. The deli counter has a few tasty Greek items that can be purchased to go or eaten in a small seating area. Come for the shopping, stay for the food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank OneTrippyHippy
Bellingham, Washington
“Great place to get supplies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

They have a great assortment of Mediterranean deli items. Stuff hard to find, or impossible elsewhere around here. The pre-made foods are good, but not why I go there, not meant as a negative comment, I just don't very often. They are very nice people too. Spend time wandering around looking over things I want to learn more about and to use.

• Visited September 2012
Ferndale, Washington
“Mixed review on food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband, daughter and I tried the Mediterranean Specialties Cafe recently. He and I had chicken gyros, which were disappointing. There was very little spicing to the chicken, although the tzatziki was good. My daughter had spanakopita, which was quite good, though nothing to rave about. Ditto the dolmades (grape leaves) which were good but not excellent. We were also disappointed that it is more a fast food place than a real cafe. The grocery section is interesting to look around in while you wait. All in all, we'll probably not go back.

• Visited April 2012
Washington State
“Great deli run by nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I love to eat lunch here... My favorite is the falafel with baklava for desert.