“A great bookstore with helpful staff”
Review of Book Fare Cafe

Book Fare Cafe
Ranked #101 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is an old fashioned bookstore, with lots of books, diverse selections, and many author events held regularly. I found suitable books for my nieces and interesting ones for my husband. It feels so refreshing to be in a bookstore like this, one that understands books and readers.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is kind of an "anchor store" in the Fairhaven shopping district. It's cheerful. Staff is pleasant. Interesting selection of books and much more atmospheric than your local mall B&N. Cafe on the uper level is sunny, has great views and is a nice place to have a cup of tea, look at the water, and page through the book you might be considering. Internet service is spotty. (I finally had to give up and take my laptop to the cute old library a couple blocks away.) I liked how it opened onto adjacent businesses and the "village green" in the back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fairhaven is so fortunate to have this bookstore. It is a place where you could spend hours. The knowledgable booksellers won't steer you wrong.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am a sucker for used books. I found one of the best used bookstores that I have seen in a long time. The staff encourages you to pull up a chair and read to your hearts content. A great time especially when it is raining. Fits in nicely to the Fairhaven District

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I could live in a store like this. An old fashioned independent book store with knowledgeable clerks and informative displays. They even have chairs scattered around so you can peruse before you choose. And, there's a discount cart so you can mix the value from new fresh to old and cherished. And of course, my favorite bookstores also have local lore and a few gifty things to delight.

Been to Book Fare Cafe? Share your experiences!