“My Kind of Mistake”

Grace Cafe
Coquitlam, Canada
“My Kind of Mistake”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Was in Bellingham for the day and looking for a good breakfast place. Saw Grace Cafe and thought we would check it out. It wasn't what I was looking for but I didn't feel like driving around any more so in we went. While having a toasted bagel and coffee I couldn't help notice the pies in the glass case. Realizing they are made fresh daily, I couldn't resist the beautiful lattice cherry pie and bought the whole thing. Now I love everything about pie from making them to eating them and this was bar-none, 1000% the best cherry pie my husband and I have ever had. If you like a hot, sit-down breakfast, don't bother, but if your guilty pleasure is pie, it's worth the drive across the border just for that.

• Visited November 2012

Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's not that it is awful, it's just not anything. Sandwitches are poor you would do just as well going to a Subway.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Thomas P
Eugene, Oregon
“Lunch done right”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Grace Cafe is one of my favorite lunch spots in Bellingham. The sandwiches are made with their own baked & sliced bread and the pastries are phenomenal. The daily soups offer something to everyone. The staff are very friendly and accommodate changes to the standard menu. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited February 2012
Victoria
“nice local lunch spot - good value”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stumbled across this place on a recent shopping trip to Bellingham. It shares a parking lot with Applebees just off the I5. I had the half club sandwich on whole wheat and a cup of tomato basil soup. The soup was very creamy and delicious, lots of tomato chunks in it. The sandwich came on a whole wheat bun, piled high with meat, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and sprouts. They will customize bread and toppings. A sandwich to be reckoned with. Healthy and delicious. Service was excellent, very quick and efficient. Price was very reasonable. We saw they had a drive through but didn't use it.

Would recommend for those who, like me, are not fond of the big chain restaurants and the greasy, high fat, huge portions. This was a lovely little lunch spot for a quick bite. Nothing fancy, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2011
“Terrible food, terrible service, and high...”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Terrible food, terrible service, and high priced. The employees seem very unorganized which is probably a management issue. Pies are the only thing delicious here, try the apple if you go!

2 Thank sunflower1957