“A Bellingham landmark!”

Boomer's Drive In
Ranked #25 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Boomer’s Drive-In – Voted the Best Burger in Bellingham again & again!Great Food | Great Price | Great FunBoomer’s great food has been a local family favorite for decades. Our customers have enjoyed the same great menu of gourmet Boomers Burgers, world-famous waffle fries, real hard ice cream milkshakes, yummy hot dogs, fresh salads and old-fashion car hop service for years.Serving families in Bellingham since 1989, Boomer’s Drive-In has become a local icon. People who enjoyed Boomers as a child are now bringing their kids and grand kids to enjoy the same great food. Little about Boomers has changed over the years and we strive to keep it that way.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Boomer's is a must visit while in town! Their waffle fries and shakes are the best in Bellingham. We lived there for 5 years and stop by Boomers every time we return.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We thought we would try this 50's style drive in burger joint on a hotel managers recommendation. The first thing we noticed after the old style setting was the cheap cheap prices..$4.50 for a chicken breast burger and fries..It just couldn't be very good..WRONG. Delicious! Shake was spot on delic too!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Per my friend's recommendation who went to school in Bellingham, WA, we stopped by Boomer's for a burger on our road trip from Seattle to Vancouver. I loved the old time feel of the restaurant. We ordered our food from our car and split the Boomer burger, waffle fries, and a chocolate shake. The food was great! If you're looking for a quick bite on a drive, definitely check this place out.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

boomers has been our favorite for over 15 years. even when we couldn't have buns with our cajun inferno burgers we still ate there regularly. now that they offer gf buns, it's the 'cat's meow'!!! thank you boomer's!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Boomer's is new destination with visiting Bellingham. I visited Bellingham on business and arrived after 9PM. Most places were closed and I did not want the usual chain fast food. After a quick search, I found Boomer's and was in luck with it was less than 5 minutes drive from my hotel.
I ordered the #1 Boomer's Combo: Boomer's burger, waffle fries, and a shake. My husband ordered a Cajun Inferno burger with a garden patty (vegetarian), sweet potato waffle fries, fried mushrooms and a strawberry lemonade. All was great and at a great price. The shakes use hard ice cream (no soft serve). Sweet potato fries are easy to mess up, but these were the best we have had in a long time. Vegetarian burgers are often left bland and sad to compete with the elaborate meat patty burger. Boomer's allows customers to subsitute the meatless patty on any of their burgers (at an extar cost) so my husband throughly enjoyed the meal. The fried mushrooms were hot and crispy. Mushrooms can very easily be sad and slimy, but these were excellent. Everything was fresh and quick to come from the kitchen. Service was very nice and informative when you asked for help.
Will be back next time I am in town.

Been to Boomer's Drive In? Share your experiences!