New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Alpine, California
“Charming Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I had tea, sandwiches and a scone. It was all very nicely served and was delicious! The scone melted in my mouth. Well worth the price!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank mgdidier

Washington
“Beware of the awful tea sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Sat in a lovely room and expected lovely food. The trifle was perfect, the sandwiches had vile tasting fillings. Tea was hot and very good quality. Go for dessert and tea, avoid the overpriced sandwiches..

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank artist81
Seattle, Washington
“Great Tea Selection and Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I always stop in for a cup of tea when I am in the area and really enjoy the selection. They have a wide variety and a section with a small jar of every tea they offer so you can take a smell to help you choose if you are not familiar with some of the styles. The quality is great and their prices are super low for bags you can purchase to take with you. Of course, all styles are available in a single cup as well. My newest one is the "Paris" tea which is a nice, medium bodied black tea with just a hint of citrus. The tea room has a great selection of sandwiches, scones and other delicious tidbits as well as a super pot of hot chocolate for those who are in the mood.

If you want to also indulge your artistic side, you can head up into the back of the building where you can choose a piece of white ceramic, painted it however you desire, and leave it to be fired. It is usually ready for pick up the following day.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tall_six6
Bellingham
“Great Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My mom, sister, grandma and myself took my niece to Abbey Garden for a 5th birthday tea party and we had a wonderful time. The scones and tea sandwiches are delicious and my niece loved her hot chocolate in a tea pot. I've been to England twice and Abbey Garden reminds me of having cream tea in England.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank libbidy
Bellingham, WA
“My favorite place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've been going to the Abbey Garden Tea Room ever since I moved to Bellingham. Being of British descent, it's just the place! They serve delicious homemade soups, lovely salads, wonderful tea sandwiches, and the most amazing scones! Their trifle is to die for. My friends always take me there for my birthday lunch every year, and I often stop in when I'm in Fairhaven shopping or after a doctor's appointment :) Knowing that there is a wonderful cuppa tea waiting is a lovely feeling. The staff is quite friendly and if you are not sure about what something is, they will be happy to explain it to you. If you are ever in Bellingham, I highly recommend The Abbey Garden Tea Room! You won't regret it!

• Visited October 2012