“Nice Cheery Mexican Restaurant...”
Review of MI Mexico

MI Mexico
Ranked #15 of 462 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Mi Mexico was recommended by my neighbour who is born in Mexico. My other neighbours and I went here for dinner recently and we were suitably impressed. The place is bright and colourful, the staff is cheery and pleasant and the food is quite good. Large proportions are standard here... I would have been able to split my main in half and still be full. I had the Steak Jalisco with corn tortillas and someone else had the chilles rellenos. The food was tasty, well presented and came out very quickly. I won't hesitate to come here again on my next Costco/Trader Joe shopping trip to Bellingham.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have had the opportunity to have business lunches here a couple of times and this is a great place for it. The atmosphere is nice, service prompt and the food is yummy with a HUGE selection without being overwhelming.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here on a busy Saturday afternoon while shopping. I was impressed that the lunch menu was in effect because a lot of restaurants only offer them on weekdays. I had wonderful chicken enchiladas and wow, what a lot of cheese!!!!!!! It was delicious! The portions are perfect and everything was very fresh. Our server was a bit grumpy but the food more than made up for it :) Will definitely return!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yes, I'm Canadian but every chance I get the hankering for good authentic fast Mexican food and I'm near Bellingham I have to go here.
I have been to Mi Mexico with friends and family. They have great margaritas, large portions - I recommend the Enchiladas Suizas (verde sauce) and Pollo Chipotle (or something like that - it's good too). Our kids like it, friends liked it and my family of four likes it... Eat here if you're in a hurry - they are really fast!
Free chips & salsa - homemade - excellent with lots of spice.
Prices are good for what you get. I will eat here again and again and again!
OH and they have a large space for big parties (about 10 years ago we had a big party of 30 and it was great service and quality food as always).

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful cantina with colorful walls, tables & chairs. Heard food was good, but this surpassed any expectations. Portions are humongous, enough for 2-3 people to share. Plenty of parking and easily acessable, righ across the Bellingham Dollar Tree store, near the mall. So enjoyable I shall seek out the cantina the next time I'm in the WA area.

Been to MI Mexico? Share your experiences!