“New chef? Surly waiter”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was one of our favorite lunch places in Bellingham until the recent visit. They usually offer 5 lunch specials all tasty.

This visit I odered the burritto chili verde, which in past, was excellent. This visit burritto was filled with chunks of poorly seasoned pork roast, bottled chili verde sauce was poured over the pork; it was rolled in a tortilla and served with lettuce, tomato & cheese along with the rice & beans.

The waiter never returned to check on my lunch so I did eat it as I was hungry and in a hurry. When the waiter finally brought my check I inquired if there was a new chef and commented that I had ordered this dish often before when it was properly cooked chili verde.

He offered no apologies nor answered me so I paid my bill and left.

Apparently there new ownership or a new chef here as our prior lunches have been good.

1  Thank laarrowhd

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The two best Mexican restaurants in Bellingham are Lorenzos and Jalapeños. Jalapeños has slightly better food, but it's close. Lorenzos has the best service, and the second best Mexican food in town. Overall: Lorenzo 1, Jalapeños 2.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Every time we go over the border we try to go to Lorenzo's. The food is great! the bring chips and fresh salsa...great selection of drinks...The Molle sauce, is super and the tortilla soup is to die for! Great prices and huge portions!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Every single time I go to the states, this restaurant is a must stop place to eat! The food is outstanding. Hands down favorite dish is the guacamole fresco, they make it right in front of you and it is the most tasty guacamole I have ever had!
Bring your appetite cause while to do not skimp on servings, they also do not skimp on flavor so you will want to eat it all.

1  Thank Shabbits
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We usually got to Mi Mexico when shopping in Bellingham, but decided to try Lorenzo's this time based on a tip from a friend. I ordered a margarita and machaca, an egg dish with shredded beef. I was expecting mostly eggs with a little beef but what I got was 75% beef which most patrons would enjoy. As far as I can remember, Mi mexico does not offer egg dishes. I think Mi Mexico has a better margarita. Lorenzos was sweeter and had its yellow colour was a bit suspicious to me. Lorenzos has better decor and a large menu, but Mi Mexico has better salad offerings. My husband ordered the super nachos with shredded chicken and they don't skimp on the chicken, but the orange cheese did not appeal to me. Lorenzos service ws a bit more laid back than Mi mexico but still good. Overall, the two are very similar and comparable, but I still prefer Mi Mexico.