“Very Good Thai near WWU”

Busara Thai Cuisine
Ranked #50 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've been eating at Busara Thai roughly once a month of the past few years, and rarely have we been disappointed. The restaurant is frequently crowded at lunch with students and staff from nearby Western Washington University, and from those shopping the sales at REI. Lunch entrees are generally $7.95, which includes soup, rice, and a large portion of the chosen entree or salad. Noodle dishes (kee mao, pad thai, etc), are particularly good. All dishes can be ordered to taste (spiciness), one to five stars. The ambience is pleasant and service competent.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Busara may not look like much from the outside, but once inside you enjoy the atmosphere and smiles from the wait staff. We have had to wait once in awhile for more water or our food, but not too long. The food is affordable and delicious. There are tables for larger parties that you can sit at the traditional way without shoes. Bathrooms may need a bit of attention.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Well received good service and quality Thai at a reasonable cost, would do it again. Our party of five enjoyed the cuisine and experience

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I dont rate 5 stars often, but this place has the best pad thai. The atmosphere is great, priced is good, food is excellent, service is great. I go here often.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

4 Days in Bellingham – Best Food

It was raining, foggy, cold and the parking lot was one large puddle – ugh. Then we stepped through the doors of Busara and it was warm and calm and immediately I felt we made the correct choice. The décor was better than most; nicely spaced tables along with appropriate lighting made it feel “almost private”, attentive service and the food was tasty and well priced. I had the Pad Thai and it was cooked perfectly, had just the right portion of sprouts and the spice was exactly to my taste (3.5 heat on a 5 scale). May have been the best tasting Pad Thai I have ever had. Next time I am driving down I-5, we will make a point to stop here.