“Bland, boring, no color, not fresh...save your money and seek elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of India Grill Restaurant & Bar

India Grill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #120 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Rome, Italy
“Bland, boring, no color, not fresh...save your money and seek elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

While I've been to northern India as a volunteer, I am no expert on Indian food. However, I have eaten at dozens of Indian establishments in the U.S. and this is probably one of the worst places, if not THE worst. The food has no color, no flavor. Bland. The buffet was approximately 5-6 items which 2-3 of the items were variations of the same thing (watery lentils, watery lentil soup-like curry, watery soupy lentils and potatoes etc..). Save your money, better off eating tacos, or anything else.
The owner was not friendly and seemed completely jaded about customers as if they were just walking pocket books (note the restaurant was empty, and now I know why).
Avoid this place if you want anything fresh, colorful or anything flavorful...

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank guepardo_lento

Bremerton, Washington
“Tasty Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were surprised to find the India Grill at the food court of the Bellis Fair mall. There seemed to be a fair amount of vegetarian and non-veg choices. We ate during the opera movie intermission.
Although a typical lunchtime Indian buffet might have more choices, this meal was completely satisfactory. Portions were large enough that we couldn't finish everything. Then just this week we found the India Grill at the local Fairhaven Farner's Market. It looked great, too. I've been to India six times and love Indian Vegetarian food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bellingham, Washington
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I love Indian food and have heard mixed reviews about this place so I decided to try it. I ordered the mixed grill with rice. All of the meat tasted exactly the same and it was a very weird texture, like it had been cooked for way to long or it was old. 2 types of chicken, a shrimp and lamb were included and they all tasted like very gamey lamb. I only had 1 or 2 bites of each and I could not eat anymore. Even the rice was bad. I don't know how you mess up rice, but it had the weirdest taste and I could not eat that either. The only thing that was somewhat decent were the samosas, but at best, they were "ok." I have had MUCH better samosas elsewhere.
The restaurant itself is also disgusting. It's old and run down and does not look clean. I will not be going here again and I do not recommend you do either!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
bellingham
“nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This place is filthy, and I would be hesitant to describe what goes on behind the scenes. NO Thanks, and I have been to India so I know what I'm talking about.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ditsybit
Bellingham, Washington
“THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I checked this place out with a couple of my buddies and I must say it is my new favorite Indian restaurant. I have been to 3 or 4 places down in seattle and this tops them all. I ordered the butter chicken which was to die for. The service was excellent. The decor was good...all in all a great experience.

• Visited December 2011