“Loved The Food” 4 of 5 stars

D'anna's Cafe Italiano
Ranked #2 of 426 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, Texas
“Loved The Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hubby and I differed on this one. We started with the steamed clams and we both enjoyed the flavors and tender clams with bread to sop up the garlic and juices. I loved my choice, crab linguini with olive oil and garlic instead of their regular sauce. Big chunks of crab and plenty of it, fresh spinach and tomatoes covered my perfectly cooked handmade pasta. Totally yummy! Hubby had the mixed seafood dish and they gave him the wrong pasta and his shrimp were way overdone. He still loved the flavors and the rest of the seafood was done properly. Both of us enjoyed the pizza bread that came with every dish. The salad was a bit plain, could have used a few other veggies besides lettuce but it was good and fresh and they substituted the vinaigrette for just olive oil as we are not dressing fans. Casual setting, paper napkins, small water glasses for our Malbec wine which, by the way, was excellent. Chairs were a bit uncomfortable but the same ones as those in the expensive restaurant where we spent twice the money for half the amount of food a few nights ago. If we lived here, this would be our "go to" place for bringing friends and family.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rebekajean

“Pasta Lovers Unite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was our first time at D'annas and I can not say enough good things! Handmade pasta, delicious sauces. Its a no frills place, don't expect wine glasses...literally they give you little glass cups for your wine, rickety old tables and chairs and the most amazing food, couldn't get any better. We met a couple who had been going there for 25 years... I think we will be doing the same. 5 STARS

• Visited March 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“D'anna's doesn't need my review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is the BEST place to eat in Bellingham. Period. My favorite place. Evidently I have to wax poetic on the positives at D'anna's. The fact is a people with taste and good sense, such as my wife and I (small joke), visit there and TRY to have something different every time. We have our favorites however. I have loved everything I've ever eaten there. The staff is real nice as well.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nosh1t
Bellingham, Washington
“A Bellingham must! You'll be happy you visited D'anna's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always good, definitely one of the best restaurants in Bellingham! Open for lunch too! Consistently good, great service and inviting ambience!

• Visited November 2013
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Fresh pasta daily. Amazing flavors.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The aromas will get you as soon as you walk in. Step up and add your name to the self-serve waiting list for a table. Reservations are accepted for parties of 8 or more. The items on their special sheet don't come around too often. If one sounds good, get it. Some of my favorites include the crab stuffed ravioli, duck breasts with cherries and cioppino. Enjoy.

• Visited January 2014