“One of Bellingham's best.” 5 of 5 stars

D'anna's Cafe Italiano
Ranked #2 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, Washington
“One of Bellingham's best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have lived here for 15 years, and until sitting in D'Anna's last night waiting for a friend did I realize I need to post reviews for places in my hometown! D'Anna's has always been a favorite. Last night I was reading the entire menu.. and found they had written up more about themselves.. which (in my book) puts them in the top few leading restaurants of Bham, for a few different reasons. 1) They make EVERYTHING in-house, fresh.. every single day. 2) They also now offer gluten free homemade pasta (which is also vegan). 3) They ALSO now make dairy-free spinach linguini. (Not that I need any of these substitutes,.. but many people do). 4) They will substitue anything for most anything.. and each dish is made to order. AWESOME. 5) Being deathly allergic to pine nuts myself.. I am THRILLED each time I go, that I am able to have their pesto, which they make with walnuts! 6) They have a really great selection of wines; many local. 7) They grind their own meats for their meat sauces and meatballs. 8) Meals are very affordable, and worth every penny. The deal is incredible. 9) The focaccia and salad that preceeds the meal is DELICIOUS. I can go on and on... No really. They have expanded in the last 10 years, and it is really nice to see a local restaurant doing so well. I love D'Anna's. LOVE. I have never had a dish I haven't raved about... especially the butternut squash ravioli. *sigh*......

• Visited June 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Puzzled why this doesn't rate higher in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've eaten here the last fourteen years. Service is fast and friendly. Of all the local restaurants this one is the most consistent in food served. Seafood is always served in generous proportions, salads and focaccia bread are included at no charge and wines are not outrageously marked up. My wife counts the clams in here clams linguine and claims no restaurant around the world includes as many clams with her noodles......I can't say to much about the deserts because I'm usually to full from dinner to continue on but the small samples I've tried have been good.
Homemade pasta, sauces and sausages, if we want to go out for a good meal as a couple or with friends and not spend outrageous amounts of money in Bellingham this is our first choice.

Visited March 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The home-made ravioli was the best I've had. My son had the crab linguini dish. It looked amazing! Good value for money.

Visited June 2013
Blaine, Washington
“Great place for Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

When friends asked if we knew of a good Italian restaurant for dinner tonight, Tom and I took them to D'Anna's. We'd been once before and knew they would not be disappointed. Nothing against Olive Garden, but we wanted something more unique. D'Anna's isn't "fancy" per se, but has a Italian-cafe feel with open brick walls and small tables that help make a meal special. The menu is extensive enough to have something for everyone and the staff didn't miss a step, refilling our water as needed and providing to-go boxes for leftovers (the portion sizes allow for lunch tomorrow). One of our guests said the clam linguini was the best he'd ever tasted, which pleased us to no end. We can easily recommend D'Anna's if you're craving good Italian food!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TomJoHudson
Sammamish, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was torn whether to give this place a 3 or 4 star rating. The service was very prompt when we entered and the ambiance is nice. The service died off slightly after we ordered. There is quite a bit of seating for the size of the place but they have laid it out well so that you don't feel cramped. I ordered the Chard and Sausage Ravioli with alfredo sauce and my husband ordered the surf and turf. They brought out the salad and bread immediately after we ordered which was very nice and it was very fresh. My husband did say he felt the dressing was a bit strong but I was ok with it. The bread was very nice, not dry with good flavors. My meal was pretty good my complaint is that they put so much parmesan on it that it drowned out the other flavors that I would have loved to taste and I am a huge cheese fan. The homemade pasta was great, they did a fabulous job on it, I was just sad to not get to taste more than the parmesan unless I scraped it mostly off and picked around it. As for the surf and turf, I would say just don't. It wasn't awful but it was just ok and at $32 you want it to be pretty good. As this is an Italian Restaurant, I would recommend staying with their Italian dishes and perhaps ask them to put the parmesan on the side so you can control the amount that goes on. I ended up giving this place a 3 star as I feel that for the price tag, I shouldn't have to scrape my parmesan off and if they offer an item on their menu they should know how to cook it well, otherwise stick with what you really know. This place cost us $60 including tip for the two of us and we ordered no apps or drinks.

• Visited May 2013