“Best Italian food I've had in years”

D'anna's Cafe Italiano
Ranked #2 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. Had to wait a half hour for the restaurant to open...glad we waited. Wow!! The best ravioli I've ever had. Calamari was good also.

1  Thank 4jws
There are newer reviews for D'anna's Cafe Italiano

Reviewed October 11, 2012

On a busy Saturday night we stumbled into this casual downtown restaurant, and wow, other restaurants really have some things to learn. First of all, the huge crowd outside was swiftly seated. In the few momnets I had to look around before we were seated, it occurred to me that the entire staff- chefs, wait, bus- everyone was under 25 and were rockin the place in a way that made this old lady proud. Secondly, they have really good, quick, real staff in a tough business.Server was fun, frenzied, funny, efficient, apologized for the slow service (said it took five minutes for a salad?!?!) and we kept her talking because she was fun and friendly. Food, you ask? Well my Italian grandmother died about twenty years ago, but she made my salad and ravioli tha night i swear. authentic and simple food with clean flavours ns no fuss, no muss. The ravioli is pretty clearly the best I've had in a restaurant in a while. Salad was simple with a nice red wine vinegar dressing. Our table also hd chicken piccata and a sausage manicotti... All tasty and well done. Hardily recommend this restaurant to anyone who understands good italian food and think chef boyardee should stay on the shelf.

1  Thank jcrucil
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I no longer live in Bellingham, but frequently used to eat at D'anna's and it always was consistently good and fun. I was back for a short visit and was so disappointed. Vibe wasn't there and the food was nothing special. What a let down!

Vincento, Manager at D'anna's Cafe Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We are very sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant. It is very helpful and constructive though to be more specific than "gone downhill" so that we may better ourselves.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you love Italian food - you will like this place. Everything is homemade. I highly recommend the homemade spicy sausage.The portion sizes are good but the only downside is the long wait. Our main meal was served almost an hour from the time we were seated. Thank God for appetizers!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

very good pasta and salad. Friendly staff. Easy to get to. Not too crowded. We both had ravioli and it was very good with a real good sauce. Very competent staff. Nice selection on the menu.

Been to D'anna's Cafe Italiano? Share your experiences!