“Expensive and poor quality”
Review of The Big Fat Fish Co. - CLOSED

The Big Fat Fish Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

First I ordered the ahi, and about 30 minutes into my visit they tell me they are out. Then I ordered the lobster. The lobster was poor, small piece of meat, and drenched in sauces to where I cannot taste the lobster. Sauces should enhance the taste, not cover it up. The side mashed potatoes were very good, but the side of beans were bland over cooked beans. I could have made better beans myself and I am a college student! Then for desert I ordered the creme brûlée. Disaster. It wasn't made with real vanilla bean, which is expected from even semi nice restaurants, let alone this "nice" restaurant. The creme brûlée then didn't taste fresh, like it was made several days ago and left in the fridge. The crust of the creme brûlée was too thick. I feel that the cost of this was expensive for the food you received. The place was clean and nice and the service was excellent, but food was poor. I won't be returning.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a grow-up-in-bellingham local, I have been around since The Big Fat Fish Co. was first bought from once being a Bob's Burgers and now a pleasant appearance and lovely staff. The decorations are intriguing, the water is good, and the menu choices are nice. Every time I went there I would always order chicken strips and fries, because even a common dish on their kids menu was amazing among their sushi and fish tacos.
But over the past year, The Big Fat Fish Co. has downgraded it's level of quality and taste. I still have the feeling of grease churning in my stomach and it's been quite a few hours from the fries. The chicken strips are now popcorn chicken with more popcorn than actual meat. The fish tacos are bland and the salmon wasn't even good enough to finish it was that disgusting.
They try to fill your plate up with fries or rice as they still overcharge and under-give. The best thing I had there tonight and lately is the tap water.
I used to love this place and proudly call it my favorite. But I have to say, even the fast food joint Wins right across The Big Fat Fish Co. has better quality and taste than this place.

2  Thank Anna B
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a favorite to visit for a relaxing delicious meal. Prices are a high but the food is perfectly delicious! The atmosphere in the warm summer months is fun but we like to go here no matter what time of the year.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Called shrimp jumbo shrimp when they definitely weren't. When mentioned it to waitress she brought some extra which was really nice, but still not jumbo prawns.

1  Thank Bertoiamom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you are looking for great seafood and innovative ways of combing seafood with meat and chicken this is a pace to try out. Nice location in downtown Fairhaven.