“Breakfast and Baked Good Galore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Bakery Cafe

Mount Bakery Cafe
Ranked #14 of 425 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Mount Bakery is a bakery, cafe, creperie and restaurant serving award winning pastries and desserts, Bellingham's Best Benedict, scratch made soups, quiches, and lunch specials daily AND full menu plus dinner specials Wednesday through Saturdays. We are also now open at a second location - Mount Bakery Fairhaven - at 1217 Harris Avenue in the Historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham! Come to our Fairhaven neighborhood location to watch our famed bakers work while enjoying quiche, soup, pastries, fabulous cakes, espresso and more!
Bellingham, WA
“Breakfast and Baked Good Galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This little spot is constantly kicking out delicious dishes. The dishes are nicely done. This isn’t your average breakfast spot. The specials are something to watch for too. Don’t miss taking something from the dessert case to go.

1 Thank Wade B

Bellingham, Washington
“Great Little Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Checked this place out last Saturday and quite enjoyed the atmosphere. It's a small place seating maybe 40 people in a very simple but comfy atmosphere.

We both started with coffees, a latte for me and a cappuccino for my lady, and both were exceptionally good. We also both chose to try their self professed Bellingham's Best Eggs Benny. Well I haven't had any others in Bellingham apart from home made so i can't confirm whether they are the best but I can tell you this.

When the plates arrived there appeared to be very few roasted potatoes. Yes, roasted and that's a good thing. Upon closer examination, the majority of potatoes were underneath the waffle upon which the eggs were laid. Yes, a waffle. Freshly made! Unique and quite pleasing! The sauce on top of the eggs was generously peppered with bright red paprika which made for a very nice presentation overall. I'm not certain of the purpose of the waffle on top of the potatoes but it did add to the presentation by providing height to the plate.

In terms of taste, I thought the sauce was quite good and I am fussy. I will say it could have been better for me had it had a little more tang or zest to it. The eggs were cooked perfectly, the waffle was delicious, and the roasted potatoes were wonderful.

So I suppose at this point, they are the best eggs benny I have had in Bellingham :) We will definitely be going back to try some of their other breakfast offerings!

Olympia
“Super Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great eggs benedict dish and coffee to be fortified for day of hiking on Mount Baker. You can get your lunch sandwich and pastries to go as well!

Titusville
“My kind of place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had lunch one day and liked it so much we went back for breakfast the next day. Everything is made there and it is delicious. We had turkey crepes for lunch and were impressed. When we came back for breakfast we tried the Belgian waffle with a berry and rhubarb compote. Very good. The staff was friendly and the service was good. The coffee was good too.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BonnieLassie116
Auckland
“Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were surprised at the breakfast menu and unsure if everything will taste as the menu suggested, believe you me it does. Service is friendly the biggest plus is everything in shelf is baked by their in house bakery and not provided by a random supplier. Our 5 year old had a croissant on the side besides sharing our breakfast and she loved it which itself was a big tick.

Visited September 2012