“Walking distance to EVERYTHING!!!”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This hotel is walking distance to EVERYTHING (except the theatre). In the same parking lot is a Denny's and a Burger King. Right across the street is a Red Robin and the Bellis Fair Mall with a movie theatre. Up the block from the hotel about a half a mile is a Starbucks, Best Buy, Bank of America, several spas and other restaurants. You definitely don't have to worry about food. Including the mall Food Court there are many other options including Indian and Thai. My room was nice. Definitely cozy and had more of a home feel. The flatscreen tv was on a swivel so I could move it around depending where I was sitting in the room. I believe all the rooms had DVD players which is great! (I watched Disney Pixar's Cars for the first time). There was a recliner in my room that looked very old and worn, but besides that the room was nice. This hotel is laid out in 3 separate buildings. So make sure if your group stays here you pick up a map and direct them to what building they're in. Also ask the front desk to label the building letter or name on key packets so you know exactly where you're going. You must use your room key to access each separate building interior corridors to get to your rooms. There are no elevators in this property, so if people have heavy suitcases it won't be very fun carrying them up stairs. Fortunately there aren't many levels to the hotel. Request to be on a lower level to alleviate carrying your bags. There is a laundry room with one washer and one dryer. The gym is across from the front desk and is very nice. Its in its own area and it is 24 hours. From what I remember there are 2 treadmills, a full set of free weights, a great universal machine and I believe a couple of other cardio machines. The gym also has 2 flatscreen tvs, filtered water available and towels. They also provide disinfectant wipes to clean off machines when you're done using them. There is also a fitness center up the road from the hotel on Meridian if anyone is looking to use a larger gym. The lobby is cute and has some cozy furniture. The hotel provides cookies and apples in the lobby. The hotel provides breakfast in a breakfast room, but I didn't have breakfast when I was there. There is free wireless internet that was pretty choppy. If you have an aircard use it here. I ordered from Pizza Pipeline and they delivered to the room which is nice and the pizza was also pretty good. There is bus parking available and its free. The hotel is about 2 and a half miles from the theatre we were playing but it was a good quick ride without traffic. I would definitely stay here again. The company enjoyed it very much and you have everything available to you feet away.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cmjosesolivan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed December 28, 2010

Conveniently located off Meridian Street near most of Bellingham's shopping. Tucked back in a corner so it was much more quiet than I expected. Nice-sized room with king bed and modern (recently renovated?) bath. Very clean. We had to wait a few minutes for a table at breakfast. Breakfast staff really hustled to keep the buffet stocked. Check-in and out was very fast, efficient, and courteous. Plenty of free parking adjacent to the building. Good value for the $95 we paid (tax included).

If you are in town to shop from Canada, this is the best place to stay in the bellis fair neighbourhood..... that we have tried so far.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Found the hotel easily right off the freeway with a big sign- near to restaurants, amenities. Service was friendly, approachable and helpful. Room was beautifully decorated- lovely modern bathroom, clean,clean,clean! Quiet atmosphere, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, free wireless internet- could even check out a movie from the office w/ popcorn if we wanted to. I would definitely come here again. Only bad thing? Pop machine didn't accept my dollar bill this day-I can live with that!

• Stayed: December 2010
genrlman, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear about your problem with the vending machine. Next time it is on us! Thank you.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Very friendly staff at check in and was very happy with the room. Beautiful four poster bed, not your typical hotel room. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always love getting guest feedback.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I found for what you pay it was not worth the stay. The beds were lumpy and if two people were in a bed they would sag into the middle. Very uncomfortable beds. Second we were on the second floor and there was no elevators and the stairs were on the outside. Though I do not mind going up and down the stairs. However my grandma was with us and she is in her 80's so the stairs were difficult for her. When checking out we told the front desk about the beds and they did not even apoligize. The breakfast was good, and the rooms were very pretty. As well the place was clean. But since the beds were so uncomfortable I would not suggest it to anyone. For the price I expected better.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My wife who has cancer went to the office to get a taxi so she could go a couple of blocks to the mall. The staff at Heritage instead drove my wife to the mall at no cost and even offered to pick her up when she was ready to come back. Staff was always friendly and helpful. I will be back since I travel twice a year to Bellingham.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I have not stayed at this hotel before...it was booked by a friend. The rooms were nicer than I was expecting, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
genrlman, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us such a great review! We hope to see you again!!