I went out of my way to write this review. This hotel is one of the few hotels that truly lived up to what it advertised. My mother ended up with an emergency trip to the hospital while at a wedding in Bellingham. Unexpectedly, I ended up making a trip there and having to stay three days. The Heritage Inn Best Western was an OASIS in our desert storm! The landscape is the first thing to awe over....the beautiful surroundings puts this hotel into a tranquil setting...even though it is right next to the freeway. KUDOS to the landscape architect! The counter attendant, while completely swamped, was amazingly courteous and helpful. She was very young...but extremely professional and skilled. She helped me secure a half-price/per night stay. If you get a "Hotel Voucher" from the hospital...and bring it in to this hotel...you will get an amazing rate. I got my room for $62.00/night with my hospital voucher. Ask at the hospital desk area (whatever floor) for this voucher. They can help you secure that. You do have to ask the Best Western clerk for this discount...as they do not offer it to you outright. The rooms were spacious, EXTREMELY CLEAN, and so, so comfortable. I wish my bed at home was that cushy! The linens smelled so fresh and were gorgeous. Nice curtains to block out the sun if you need/want to sleep in. There was a large, flat-screen, TV and lots of movies at the desk to borrow. We were able to watch recently released movies! The bathroom was modernly decorated with a tile shower and vessel sink. The towels were plush and the toiletries were above average. The breakfast choices are better than most hotels...the only problem was it was a bit of a walk to the building. But, you could drive over if need be. We actually ended up having a fire alarm go off one night...the staff took charge immediately and had the situation well under control in minutes. The location is ideal...close to the freeway, the mall, restaurants, and a few blocks from the hospital. All that I can say is...you WILL get your money's worth at this hotel. I've never been this impressed with a Best Western. The Best Western Heritage does their chain a GREAT honor! NOTE: There is another Best Western in Bellingham. So, be sure to look for the “Heritage Inn” B.W.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn is a 90-room limited service hotel appealing to business and leisure travelers. As well as small groups. Located near I-5 at exit 256, it is within minutes of the best of what Bellingham WA has to offer…from beautiful Bellingham Bay to vibrant downtown, to Fairhaven district, to Western Washington University and more.The hotel’s familiar look complements its neighborhood feel. And its luxury hotel beds, fitness center, outdoor seasonal pool and enclosed hot tub, plus FREE parking, WiFi, business center and full hot breakfast provide a desirable home base from which to discover your surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Heritage Hotel Bellingham
- Best Western Heritage Hotel
- Best Western Bellingham
- Bellingham Best Western