WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, Canada
“Duped”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Booked our stay at the best western through Expedia. Had a most helpful operator who negotiated a room and parking for us. Felt very ripped off when we got to the hotel and found out we had to pay additional parking. Clerk at the desk informed us they don't do that. Because we prepaid for the room we were obligated to stay. Was even more enjoyable lugging my luggage up three flights of stairs in this elevator free hotel and sleeping next to the freeway that the desk clerk said you couldn't hear. NOT!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rae C
Carlee S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Rae C,
I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding you recent stay with us. Our park and fly package is a very popular service and is utilized often to fly out of the BLI. To receive an all inclusive rate, the package must be booked directly from our website, otherwise additional fees apply at check in. Unfortunately this was not made clear at your time of booking. I would like to invite you to stay with us again so we can provide you with the superior experience which is standard at the Best Western PLUS Heritage Inn. Please contact me directly so I can ensure you receive a great room at a great rate.
Kindly,
Carlee Sanders
Front Office Manager
360-647-1912

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Point Roberts, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

BW Plus Heritage Inn is our favorite Best Western. Discovered it a few years ago and we keep coming back. The best staff ever. Clean, cozy rooms with comfortable beds!

Shuttle service to/from Bellingham airport is a plus for Canadians wanting to save money on flights.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jollena T
Carlee S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Jollena T,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our complimentary 24 hour shuttle that travels to all major transportation hubs and the hospital. Can't wait for your next arrival!
Kindly,
Carlee Sanders
Front Office Manager
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stopped in Bellingham on our way to Vancouver to check out this great city. I booked it b/c of all the great reviews. When we arrived I was concerned I booked the wrong location as we are not interested in shopping and this was surrounded by shops. The staff was quick to help displel my concern by showing me how close we were to downtown. Would have walked on a nice day. Accomodations were great. The bed was very comfy. We were travelling with our elderly dog and were given a ground floor room near the door so we could take her out often. We were even given a "doggie" bag. Nice touch. Breakfast was plentiful even with my food allergies I was able to find something to eat. We will definitely return next time we come to Bellingham and will stay longer next time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ruth P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here on the way back from a two week Hawaiian cruise. We used our Air Miles, so the stay cost us about $30-40. We were treated so well by staff. I find sometimes when I use Air Miles, I am treated accordingly. This place was incredible. We stayed in a King Room in Building C (which is also where the amazing breakfast is served in the basement!), ground level, and it was quiet and great. They think of everything, and I commented to my better half that a good hotel is one where you don't need to call because you need something. This hotel is it. Keurig coffee machines with Starbucks pods, comfortable beds, spacious rooms. I was so impressed and hope to stay here again. The breakfast was great, and again, they had anything you could think of. I am a travel agent, and I will be recommending this place to both clients and friends!

Room Tip: Building C is closest to the breakfast buffet in the morning, so it's a quick jaunt downstairs...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TinkerHell
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a very nice stay with a nice quiet room. Personnel were nice and helpful. There was a good choice of eating establishments within walking distance. If you are in to shopping there was a good variety to choose from. A lot of those were also within walking distance. Rooms were roomy and clean. Nice, comfortable bed and the room had all of the amenities.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Glenda J
Rome, Wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very nice. Bedding is high quality. I stayed two different nights. The first room was on the freeway side and I had a fitfull night of sleep hearing the truck traffic all night. I should have asked for another room but didn't want to get dressed to go out to the reception building. Next my room was on the opposite side from the freeway and was quiet.
Food was better quality than other hotels I have been to in the area. I would stay again any time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nostranger2u
remote,OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked this hotel on hotwire. I usually book hotels, I'd say, about 90% of the time by getting on Priceline. I often use biddingforravel.com to find out how much others have paid in the areas I'm interested in. This time Priceline did not come through but hotwire did. I paid about 50% of the price that I've heard people paying who just drove up and decided to stay there. I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is a 3 1/2 star hotel I believe according to hotwire. The bed was four-star, the bathroom was four-star, the breakfast was included and included not only hot waffles but also scrambled eggs, sausage, and a very weird form of extremely thinly sliced bacon. However I have to say overall it was an excellent experience. The staff was not only helpful but felt sincerely friendly, not the kind of put on friendly with which one often is confronted. I'd stay there again anytime but of course I'm at the mercies of hotwire to choose my hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo