“Soft comfy bed in a rather nice hotel with easy travel access.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Wa
“Soft comfy bed in a rather nice hotel with easy travel access.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very nice. Bedding is high quality. I stayed two different nights. The first room was on the freeway side and I had a fitfull night of sleep hearing the truck traffic all night. I should have asked for another room but didn't want to get dressed to go out to the reception building. Next my room was on the opposite side from the freeway and was quiet.
Food was better quality than other hotels I have been to in the area. I would stay again any time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nostranger2u

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
remote,OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked this hotel on hotwire. I usually book hotels, I'd say, about 90% of the time by getting on Priceline. I often use biddingforravel.com to find out how much others have paid in the areas I'm interested in. This time Priceline did not come through but hotwire did. I paid about 50% of the price that I've heard people paying who just drove up and decided to stay there. I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is a 3 1/2 star hotel I believe according to hotwire. The bed was four-star, the bathroom was four-star, the breakfast was included and included not only hot waffles but also scrambled eggs, sausage, and a very weird form of extremely thinly sliced bacon. However I have to say overall it was an excellent experience. The staff was not only helpful but felt sincerely friendly, not the kind of put on friendly with which one often is confronted. I'd stay there again anytime but of course I'm at the mercies of hotwire to choose my hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We cannot say enough about this hotel. Room and breakfast were great. The staff was the friendliest I have encountered. Parking and flying was the shuttle to the airport were so accomodating. Everything went off without a hitch even with the snow and our delay in arriving home. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy W
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed one pleasant rainy night. The hotel is a confusing series of buildings especially if your room is located on the third floor. The property is next Highway 5 so ask for a room on the opposite Highway location. The wifi in room was good. The morning breakfast buffet better than most in this category.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

we have stayed here on several occasions and have found the staff very helpful. the rooms are clean, newly done and excellent beds! It is close to the mall and a quick drive to the airport, you can also leave your vehicle there for up to 2 weeks if flying out on vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Located in heritage buildings, this hotel is a cut above the average hotel along the Interstate 5 in Bellingham. Service was excellent, restaurants were nearby and the hotel breakfast was very good. Staff was cordial and the room was immaculate. Would stay there anytime.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ray458
victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Came down to Bellingham for a 2 night stay, after a 5 night business stay at Harrison Hot Springs Hotel. We did the same thing last year, dine out, rest, and to do a little shopping.

We arrived and our king room was read, and they upgraded us to a King mini suite. This was a nice touch, as it had a sink with an eating area. I believe the fridge was a little bigger as well, which came in handy after shopping. The room had a Keurig coffee maker, I believe that is how it's spelled, it put out good coffee.

The staff as usual was great, they met our needs, or requests. We did not have breakfast although we went to have a look, plenty of hot or cold items, fresh fruit, yogurt, and juices.

The only problem we had was the dish for the TV went down in our building, just the 2nd floor which we were on. They said we could change rooms, but we were unpacked, and really did not want to move for our last night. They gave us 1000 bonus points for the inconvenience which was a gesture of good will. So we did not get to see the Canadian Men win Gold in hockey live at 4am, we watched the repeat once we arrived home.

Thank You Best Western Plus Heritage, keep up the good work it keeps us coming!

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade if they have them. And a room not facing the Highway if your a light sleeper.