I needed a hotel in Bellingham that wasn't too expensive and so booked at this Best Western based on the overall strength of the reviews here. I wasn't disappointed. I paid less than $100 for each night and had a clean, spacious room with a very comfortable king-sized bed, large TV with good selection of cable channels and a Keurig stocked with Starbucks coffee - a nice surprise! Was so great to have such good coffee in the morning.
There are lots of great 'frees' at this property: free breakfast; free parking; free shuttle to Bellingham International Airport; free cookies/coffee/tea in the lobby; free use of fitness center; free storage of parcels (my company sent me two boxes ahead of time so that they were waiting for me upon check-in)...
The staff were lovely: kind, courteous, professional and very accommodating. For instance, check-out time is 12 noon. My colleague was late in coming to meet me and the BW staff were fine with letting me hang out in the room until 1pm at no extra charge.
The hotel is right off of I-5, just off of Meridian St, which is one of Bellingham's main roads. It is a little tough to find (the signage isn't great) - it's adjacent to a small strip mall. There is also a Denny's, Burger King and Mi México restaurant within the same complex. Rite-Aid, Marshall's and Ross are just across the street. The hotel is also within walking distance of Bellis Fair mall. There is also an outdoor pool, but it was closed for the season. There is, however, a hottub that is available year-round.
I had requested a room on a high floor away from the interstate, which they accommodated. I had a great night's sleep. The room was very quiet for being so close to a freeway.
I do echo some of the other poster's comments about the layout of the hotel being a bit odd. It is separated into 3 different buildings, almost like a grouping of little mini apartment complexes.
I only have three tiny negative comments:
- there was no bathtub in the room, only a stand-up shower. I had been travelling all day when I arrived and would have loved a nice soak before bed.
- breakfast, although free, is only available until 10am. It was very busy. Even extending it by half an hour would have made a big difference, I think.
- the hottub is only open until 10pm. Each time I went to use it, it was overrun by kids. I recently stayed at a BW in Montana that had 'adults-only' swim and hottub times clearly marked in the changerooms and poolside. This sort of system worked like a dream!
All in all, this was a very nice little hotel. I'd stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Heritage Inn is a 90-room limited service hotel appealing to business and leisure travelers. As well as small groups. Located near I-5 at exit 256, it is within minutes of the best of what Bellingham WA has to offer…from beautiful Bellingham Bay to vibrant downtown, to Fairhaven district, to Western Washington University and more.The hotel’s familiar look complements its neighborhood feel. And its luxury hotel beds, fitness center, outdoor seasonal pool and enclosed hot tub, plus FREE parking, WiFi, business center and full hot breakfast provide a desirable home base from which to discover your surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Heritage Hotel Bellingham
- Best Western Heritage Hotel
- Best Western Bellingham
- Bellingham Best Western