“Funky layout and grounds, great location ~~~”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here overnight because my son was incoming on an 8am flight the next morning -- this appears to be a former townhouse or business park converted to motel / inn accommodation. It lends a 'funkiness' to the grounds and layout. Large trees and lush grounds override the fact that you are mere meters off I-5 NB.

Recently, I have taken up using this chain after a long absence and have been pleased -- this property was pleasing with a clean, comfortable room on ground level.

There is adequate amenities, including their included breakfast, good wifi, free coffee and tea - the real bonus is location: easy to I-5, easy to Bellis Fair Mall, and other shopping, and less than 10 minutes to BLI. There are restaurants and stores sharing the same frontage as this Best Western (I was not impressed with the Mexican restaurant across the parking lot - and would rate the food as 'mediocre').

The nightly rate was slightly higher than many of my recent Best Western stays, and I am guessing they are taking advantage of their attractive location. It's worth the extra $'s.
Parking is also a bit of an issue as the evening deepens -- and of course there will most likely be the BrightBoy from BC parking his Dodge Ram in a spot designed for a Honda Fit --- and the spots near the front entrance seem to be very popular.

Room Tip: There seemed to a lot of stairs and changes in elevation from the parking lot to entrances -- if you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us, I would also like to say welcome back to Best Western! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our unique property location and layout surrounding picturesque Baker Creek. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed some of our wonderful amenities during your stay, including our full hot breakfast. I hope our staff and property exceeded your expectations during your stay. We look forward to your next trip to Bellingham.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoyed Bellingham and the hotel very much. Good linens, comfortable beds and a friendly staff, all for a reasonable price. An above average Best Western hotel. Don't get to Bellingham very often but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Theresa R- Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new plush beds and linens. I hope our always friendly and amazing staff made your trip enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here the first weekend in may. We booked on hotwire and were very pleased with our stay. Its a block away from Bellisfair mall which was the reason we were visiting Bellingham so that was great. The front desk was very nice and allowed us to get to our room early which was fantastic. We were thrilled with our room! Top floor, king bed, spacey room and a view of the pool. The continental breakfast in the morning was great way to start the day with lots of options. The only down side was how thin the walls are. Our neighbours were up at 4am and we could hear absolutely everything! Other than that we had a great stay and i would highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank sberger03

Thank you for your review on your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our new plush beds, spacious rooms and the full hot breakfast. I am pleased that our staff was able to accomodate your early check in upon your arrival. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights last week (Thurs., Fri., Sat.) and enjoyed it immensely. We booked fairly early and I had requested a room facing the creek per other reviewers suggestions. We got the location we had asked for and also a very clean, quiet and good sized room. All the staff from the front desk to housekeeping were really friendly and welcoming and were nice enough to Google lots of directions for us as we explored Bellingham
All in all we had a great stay at this hotel and seemed particularly good for multi-night stays.

1  Thank LostandClark

Thank you for your review about your stay and our staff at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn.
I am glad to hear that all of your room requests were met upon check in, and that you enjoyed one of our spacious rooms with a view of Baker Creek. We have a very unique location and layout that can make you feel like you are tucked in away from busy streets. It is wonderful to hear that you found all of our staff to be friendly and welcoming. We hope you come back and stay with us the next time you are in Bellingham.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this property through a blind bid on Priceline, so I probably paid significantly less than other guests. It was a giant bargain though! My winning bid was for $55, versus the $145 it would have been to book that night through any regular website- I checked. If you want to try, it was a 2.5 star, which makes me wonder what the 3 star hotels in Bellingham are, as this was a super nice place. My husband and I were both very impressed. Our room was spacious, impeccably clean, and in good condition- nothing seemed rundown or worn out. There was a little nook with a Keurig coffee maker (fancy!) and a mini sink on top, and underneath a microwave and mini fridge, which I liked.

The bathroom had nice details like a built-in nightlight and lovely toiletries. The shower felt large and had really nice pressure and a good showerhead.

We didn't use any of the amenities, but they have a hot tub, outdoor pool, and fitness centre. We did appreciate that you didn't need a password or complicated sign-in for the free wifi.

The free breakfast was way better than I expected. Besides the usual stuff like breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc, they had waffles, eggs, sausage, and even sausage gravy (which I'm sure paired well with the biscuits!) It was all pretty tasty- like McDonald's-level tasty, yes, it's a free breakfast, not a gourmet restaurant. But tasty nonetheless. The breakfast room was just as clean and nicely kept as our room.

The location is right off the highway, but quiet. Very near Bellis Fair and other shopping.

We live in Vancouver, and we don't ever really need to stay in Bellingham, but if we did, we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in building C, which didn't have any elevators, so depending what floor you're on, i...
4  Thank Lotuscat

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about our hotel and amazing staff! It definitely sounds like you got one of our spacious and amazing rooms at a great price off your winning bid on Priceline. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms with the newly added Keurig Coffee makers, just a little extra touch to help make you feel at home, I am also glad that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and all of the amazing items it offers. We invite you to stay with us again on your next visit to Bellingham.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here may 19th 2013 ( I am in the room as we speak ) We go down to seattle 3-4 times a year for a shopping trip .Upon arrival we realized this is more of a motel than a Hotel, Check-in was fine and got our room Key and we are in the second building with the hot tub .When we got to the building I saw there were probably 10-15 young adults in there drinking up a storm in the hot tub so I guess my family wont be able to enjoy it as they were there the whole time , at 9:45 There are kids screaming in the hallways and people slamming doors and it is so loud it is waking up my 6 and 8 year olds! and it is still going on as I type !!! , also you can hear every singe foot step and every word they say in the room above us ,I can not Believe the noise in this place it is absoulutly terrible .Also there is a bag of Garbage sitting in the hallway since we have got here, I can not believe the reviews people give this place for the price of the room .Sorry My family will not be staying here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I am sorry to hear about all of the troubles you encountered during your stay. The hot tub is for all guests to utilize during their stay, and I apologize it wasn't available for your use. We also to our best to enforce a noise policy as best as we can and I am sorry to hear that you had a very noisy night. It would be my pleasure to invite you back to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to earn back your business. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.

P. 360-647-1912 ext. 14
Taddis@BestWesternHeritageInn.com

Reviewed May 19, 2013

While in Bellingham for a conference, I stayed at this BW. Only minus was the room was not ready when I arrived at 4 pm. No big problem, since I had a meeting shortly thereafter. Room turned out to be a recently updated suite. Hotel is arranged in several buildings along a small creek. Nicely landscaped. Room was very clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek away from the freeway. Ask for the Washington Suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 2pks

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a quiet and restful sleep, and that you enjoyed one of our suites during your stay. We think we have a very charming and beautiful location on Baker Creek and I hope it made you feel welcome. We look forward to your next stay with us.