“very pleasant stay”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days and enjoyed it. The property itself is quirky. It has many separate buildings, different elevations and parking. But for that I would have given it 5 stars. My room was on the third floor- no elevator. But a very nice young at the front desk helped me lug all my stuff up. The room was large, very clean and comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave and a bar sink. it was very convenient. Breakfast was included and quite good and the Internet access was fast and free. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Highly recommended for family vacations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingmom35805
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and professional. I am glad that you had to opportunity to enjoy our wonderful full hot breakfast, I hope you enjoyed some Belgian Waffles! We do have a very unique layout to the property, with 3 separate buildings laid out in a campus style that gives us a picturesque setting positioned along Baker Creek. Please come and stay with us again.

Tamara
Sales & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This will be my final review of this hotel. I've stayed here three times and have decided I can't review it each time I stay unless something happens to change my opinion of it. As I've stated before, I love this place, the rooms are so lovely, the staff wonderful, the breakfast and breakfast room (although extremely cold this time) great. This is the second time I've had a room in the Charleston building and absolutely love it. I encourage everyone to try a stay here, I've yet to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the rooms facing the mexican restaurant if you need a very dark room to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank handtoGod
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

WOW! Thank you for all of you wonderful reviews on our hotel and your stays at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. We appreciate your loyalty and business. I am so pleased to hear that you find our amazing staff, breakfast and extra amenities to your liking. I hope all of your stays are always above and beyond your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We go to Bellingham 4 to 5 times a year. The only place we stay at is at this hotel. It has the best Service and Value for its guest. If we can not stay at this hotel then we postphone our trip until there is room for us at this hotel. The breakfast is awesome and filling.

Thank you again for another great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aseretseven

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel and your many stays with us during your trips to Bellingham, WA. We appreciate you loyalty to our hotel and staff. I hope on each of your stays we have exceeded all of your expectations! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would call this a better option for Bellingham. The only minor glitch is early morning flight as the shuttle does not function before 6 am. The rooms are dated but comfortable. The park and fly works well except in the early morning hours.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a first floor room as no elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joel K

Thank you for review on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that the only minor issue you have is that our shuttle hours don't run early enough in the morning for some of the morning flights, all of your input is greatly appreciated and will be taken in to consideration regarding our shuttle times. Please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Free breakfast from 6am/9am, free parking and Wifi with excellent connectivity, 24hr check-in and free business center for flight check-in and boarding pass printing and reliable shuttles to/from the airport. Super friendly staff and great location makes this a regular hotel stop for us whenever we go from Bellingham airport from now on.

Check-in was fast and efficient and there are free coffee/cookies throught the morning there. Staff here are very helpful and friendly from the minute you arrive until you depart.

Our room was a beautifully newly renovated king room overlooking a creek. Lovely comfy bed and bedding, armchair, 2 sidetables and unusually great lighting. Additional sink in the bedroom with fridge and microwave and the bathroom had lots of thick white towels and a vanity. Loved the extra light over the mirror on a closet door.

The free breakfast in its separate location was extensive and of great quality. Lots of hot/cold choices and comfortable well maintained seating with tvs and free newspapers. Again, the staff here were only too pleased to be of service and do a wonderful job keeping the food/coffee stocked and the tables/chairs clean.

This hotel is a must stay - all the happy content staff are lovely and wellcoming and the hotel offers so much for a quick stay and at a good bang for the buck. We will be back to use the park and stay package for sure soon or maybe to go shopping at the Bellis Fair Mall across the street. Close to restaurants and other eateries too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the creek.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAXII
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Wow! What a review we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thank you for all of the kind words regarding our hotel, staff and your most recent stay. I am so happy that you found everything to your liking including our new plush beds, our amazing full hot breakfast and our gorgeous location on Baker Creek. We do hope you come back and take advantage of our convenient Sleep & Fly package for your future travel needs out the Bellingham International Airport. We look forward to you next stay with us.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Charleston building at the site. It was very nicely appointed with a little sink, fridge, Keurig coffee maker, and microwave. We overlooked a stream that runs through the property. Very pretty. If you love sleeping in ultimate comfort, the beds are heavenly! I've stayed in five stars that don't even come close to these beds!
Sam, the front desk clerk went out of her way to be helpful to me concerning a personal issue. She's a real gem and deserves a big hug next time I visit.
The breakfast is pretty good. I never made waffles before, so it was kind of fun working with their waffle machine. My only suggestion is it would nice to offer a better variety of fresh fruit. There's a heavy emphasis on carb type foods being offered. I would have loved some fresh berry options for my waffle!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter side your building (There's three buildings). The hotel is quite c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank letsdothisdance

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about your recent stay with us.I hope that all of your needs during your stay were not only met but exceeded by our great staff, wonderful amenities and our quaint picturesque location on Baker Creek. Thank you for your suggestion of better fruit selection and possibly some fresh berries for our yummy waffles it will definitely be considered. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Rob R
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013