1,071 results
All reviews separate buildings no elevator bellis fair mall breakfast room best westerns keurig coffee maker mexican restaurant bellingham airport hot tub waffles outdoor pool shopping and restaurants convenient location free breakfast top floor would stay here again nice breakfast
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked with the Best Western Heritage Inn for their park and fly offer to Bellingham Airport to break up travel time on route to O'ahu but it turned out to be on of the best decisions of our trip!

Possibly the best experience I've ever had staying in a hotel all thanks to the fabulous helpful staff! While talking to the shuttle driver on route to the airport we commented on how helpful, nice and friendly the staff is; he said that all the staff is a great group of people, everyone gets along and that they treat each other like family - I believe that this attitude shines through in their customer service to their guests.

Highlights are: K-cups coffee machine in the room, extensive selection of TV channels, in room DVD player, comfortable beds and lovely soft fluffy pillows. The property is well maintained property with plenty of perks including complimentary coffee and fresh baked cookies off the lobby, hot tub and gym, seasonal outdoor heated pool and shopping and best of all an extensive complimentary breakfast buffet. There is a great Mexican restaurant in the parking lot and numerous other restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. Shopping is walkable including a Ross for less and Marshalls and Bellisfair mall across the street.

The only complaint I would have is the room that we stayed in was a former smoking room and the smell still lingered a bit, but could live with that.

The greatest asset this hotel has is most definitely the warm, friendly and funny staff (from front desk, to housekeeping, breakfast room and shuttle drivers) who made it a pleasure to stay here. I hope management at Heritage Inn recognizes what an asset their staff is to the business! I will most definitely return for future trips and cross border shopping weekends.

1  Thank SunSeekerVictoriaBC
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that the reason you choose us was our convenient Sleep & Fly package, and when you arrived you were blown away with everything else our hotel has to offer including our always amazing staff! We like to think of ourselves as a family and I am so glad to hear that it comes across to our guests. We recently replaced all of the beds in the hotel and I am proud to say we have the best beds in Whatcom County. I hope you enjoy your trip to O'ahu and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice exterior design, very clean office. Fairly good reception, they seemed busy, but took care of me well. Good parking available. Room nicely presented. Very clean and updated. No bath but a big shower. Small microwave and a fridge, and a Kuerig coffee maker.(nice touch). Room also has a dvd player, but a fairly small tv 27" I would say.
Overall good value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sandytoebeaches
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write so many wonderful things regarding our hotel and your recent stay with us. We are in the beginning stages of some very exciting upgrades and changes and the Kuerig Coffee makers were one of our first steps to making our guests stays more enjoyable. Please come back and stay with us again to experience all of our new renovations.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very warm welcome when you arrive..very helpful and accomodating staff..the rooms are spotless, and the price is right. Across the street from great shopping, and restaurants are nearby. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room tip: If you intend to keep your windows ope, choose a room away from the highway. Mind you, with closed windows you don't hear the busy freeway.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiny_Ynee

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and that our staff was warm and welcoming. Also it is nice to hear that we are considered your home away from home, that is quite the compliment. Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came with the intention of spending 1-2 nights and extended our stay to 4! Part of that decision was being charmed by Bellingham, but an equally huge part was the kind and confident staff and comfort of the rooms at the Best Western Heritage Inn.

The location is great--just off of I-5, across from the mall and several restaurants, and adjacent to an excellent Mexican restaurant (went twice) and drug store with everything a weary traveler might need, including snacks, clothes, toiletries, and alcohol. The breakfasts are hot and consistent with free hot breakfast. The in-room Keurig coffee maker was a nice touch, as were the windows that actually opened so we could enjoy the beautiful blooming cherry blossoms and sound of rushing creek just outside. The mini-fridge was handy for late night leftovers and drinks. There is a hot tub/jacuzzi spa with all glass enclosure opening to the trees.

This place is a great home away from home for those traveling in and through Bellingham, WA. Judging by the cars int he parking lot, many Canadians passing through have already discovered the gem that it is. Highly recommended..

Date of stay: March 2013
2  Thank Jeslaf
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write so many wonderful things about your stay and our hotel and staff. We like to think we have the perfect location for travelers of all kinds, and I am glad to hear that you appreciated our picturesque location on Baker Creek and the convenience of our location being near so many shopping and dining options. We hope you think of us again on your next trip to Bellingham, and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the property was lovely and the breakfast great, we stayed in a room that had hardly light (room# 111, main building in the basement). Since the room was underground, it smelled moldy and the only small window in the room was on the sidewall and looked at a stair where guests walked up and down. We had to keep the blinds down to not have people look into our room. The curtains were not functioning and the toilet flush button came off every time we used it.
I have been booking our hotels through Tripadvisor and this hotel was listed #1. I'm sure that the other rooms in the hotel are great, we just ended up with the "dungeon". It was honestly the worst hotel room I stayed in (not talking about the beds and bathroom in general, but about the lack of light and the terrible smell). Our room was on the east side of the hallway, underground, the west side faces a creek and has great views. We stayed there for 2 nights and did not get much sleep because the hallway was very noisy. At 5 am on Sunday, 2 families with little kids were just running around, making noise. I mentioned our disappointment at check-out, and got a "I'm sorry". They should not rent out a room like that at all for $140 a night. Our son will go to WWU and we will visit him in Bellingham quite often. Not yet sure if we will return to that Best Western.

Room tip: Try to get an upper level room. Definitely not #111 in the main building or any basement room!!!!! I wish I had taken photos!!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. All of your input is greatly appreciated. I am so sorry about the location of your room, we are aware that some of our rooms have view and location challenges that others do not, and I would like to personally invite you back for another stay with us and offer you the best room in the hotel.

We are in the beginning stages of some very exciting upgrades and changes to our property and I would love for you to have one of the first opportunities to come back and stay with us! Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations, we would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Sales@BestWesternHeritageInn.com