“Very Very Good...but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed one night, checked in quite late. There was very limited parking spots, I squeezed into the last spot available. There are three buildings and my room was in the main building with the lobby. I was on the top floor and there were no elevators that I could see, so it was a bit of a hassle to haul up luggage two flights of stairs. My room seemed clean, but the wifi signal was very weak and there was no wired network access.

It came with a free breakfast which was in another building across the street. The food was average in terms of free breakfasts, but the service was good. Overall great service, everyone was friendly, but the hotel itself was overall just okay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not "wow" you during your visit. We strive to provide a superior stay for all of our valued Guests. I will definitely look into the wireless signal as it should be strong everywhere on the property. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here one night on the sleep and fly deal. To get the best rate phone the hotel directly not the 1-800 Best Western number. The 1-800 number wanted to charge a fair amount more but the hotel directly gave me a much better deal. The hotel also included breakfast which was fairly decent for a free breakfast. I would stay here again no problem. They also have a free shuttle van to the airport.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad that we provided you with a good experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We've started staying at more Best Western Plus hotels because we've recently had some very good experiences over the summer. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel, and I was a little disappointed. The service was excellent, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I was surprised by the small size of our bathroom. The door only cleared the toilet with an inch to spare. The room was large (we were in a regular, king bed room), and we were happy that although we faced the I-5, the noise was a very distant hum. Unfortunately, the ice and vending machine were right outside our door and the ice machine made quite a racket while making ice, enough to wake me up in the night. The other issue was the hardness of the bed. Even my husband complained that it was too hard, and he happily sleeps on the ground while camping. The free breakfast was okay. Nothing stunning about it. Overall, we probably wouldn't stay there again because I don't think the price we paid ($99 plus tax) gave us enough sleep or value. We could stay over on Samish Way for half the price for the same amount of sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that we did not provide you with the experience that you deserve. I would love to set up your reservation personally if you choose to stay with us again. We appreciate your business and wish you well in your future travels.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's my first time to book at this hotel and it was a pleasant surprise. Stayed overnight only and booked a regular room online via Best Western website. Located just off I-5 and Bellis Fair mall is walking distance. The hotel looked nice from outside and front desk was welcoming and staff efficient. The hotel has three separate buildings and we had to go up two flights of outside stairs to get to our floor. There was no elevator. It was a good thing that it wasn't raining or the stairs would have been slippery. The elderly might have a hard time going up these set of stairs. When we got to our room, we realized that we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice, large, and clean. Breakfast was in the same building and they served quite a number of choices of food and drinks. It was well worth the $100 price tag for that one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct that we do not have elevators. We do our best to keep people on the ground floor that need it. However this is not always possible when we are full to the brim. Request a ground floor room with our reservation agent when you call for your return visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.