“Wonderful helpful employees” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Wonderful helpful employees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spent two nights at the Hertiage Inn.everything was great,except the directions on how to find the location.it is really off Telegraph.Perhaps looking at the wording more closely might help,or don't forget your map quest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our Hotel. We appreciate your business! 151 E Mcleod Rd is our address and that road runs in between our buildings. But you are right that it is a bit confusing as it is easier to find us off of Telegraph.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Lopez Island, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have lived in the San Juans for 26 years now, so going to the mainland and staying in Bellingham is a necessity at times, due to our crummy ferry schedule. If we must stay in the big city, the Heritage Inn is without a doubt our first choice. Sure, Semi-Ah-Moo is fancier, but it is twice the price and farther north. Here, the rooms are impeccably clean, the breakfast include fresh fruit and Seattle's Best coffee (only up to Level Three, folks), beside the mediocrity of the usual waffles, instant oatmeal, biscuits and gravy that make for the guilty pleasures of not eating at home. Add neat touches though: really swell decorated rooms, with fun touches like corner windows and big bathrooms, windows that actual open, working microwave and fridge with and old but clean pantry that includes bowls and utensils, really neat furniture, great satellite TV (hey, we do not have it at home) and most of all, impeccable service from employees who seem to actually care if you are happy. Just last night, during our most recent stay, I needed antacid at 11:00 pm. The neighborhood is fine, but I didn't feel like walking far; the employee at the desk got me some in a moment, and acted pleased, not disturbed, that I asked for help with this. This is the norm, from the person that welcomes you to the young lady emptying garbage cans quietly, efficiently, and cleanly.
Any downsides? Well, do not get a room next to an entry door, for example. We were in #402 and the constant banging of the entry by guests got very irritating; not enough to move at 10:00 pm, but disturbing for people who have lived in the country most of their lives. The mattresses are not at the level of some of our other favorites, but if you look at my other reviews, you can see that we have been lucky to stay in some fantastic places. As for the reviewers who complain about stairs, why not simply ask for ground level whenever you rent a room?
Overall, this place is a no brainer. We had a conference at what is considered another great place in Bellingham, and I can tell now that it does not even come close to the Heritage Inn. If you do not like the full rack rate, check Priceline and Hotwire, use a little common sense in selecting star levels, and you will have a phenomenal deal. But even at full price, this place has my vote for best stay in Bellingham.

Room Tip: Stay away from the entry doors. For example, #402 is loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rtetu
Wow! Thank you for your glowing review of our Hotel! We very much appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The rooms are clean and spacious and comfortable. Close to shopping and restaurants. Continental breakfast has a nice variety. I would definitely stay there again. Worth the price which was reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Great place! Check in was a breeze, staff was great, shuttle service is great, good breakfast, comfy beds, shopping & restaurants all right there:) very reasonable overnight parking fees. Will definitely recommend this hotel:) will definitely be back:) clean, affordable, friendly, comfortable and all around a great park and fly choice:) will most definitely stay here when coming over to shop for a few days or have a flight out of Bellingham. Bellis fair mall is right there. Fantastic, affordable, clean hotel from shopping to park and fly, this was a great choice.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Karen B
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review regarding your stay and our hotel. We are having great success with our Sleep & Fly Package and I am glad we were able to satisfy all of your travel needs. We look forward to your next visit.

canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

we loved the hotel ,the room was great clean and the t.v was a flat screen set ,something that that the best western in quesnel didn't have, but I under now that they are changing all the old sets for new ones,,the early free breakfast was great as well what is up with all those pillows in the room and the lobby?,but sorry only two complaints I have ,the shuttle driver we had from the greyhound station ,and back was wonderful he seem to know the area very well, but as far as the front desk staff goes , I wonder where they live? most of them didn't have a clue about the local bus system, and most of the questions I had asked them ,it was sort of a argument situation,since I did most of my researching on line before I arrived,and that creaking noise upstairs,I realize it almost halloween soon ,but all day and night not sure about the day ,but when we were there you could hear it , and the floor had carpet we did talk to the manager worked some thing out it really wasn't much, if we do stay there again we will stay on the seventh floor ,oh,they don't have a seventh floor ,pity,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. I am sorry that you did not find your experience with us to be a satisfying one. We would love another opportunity to serve you again in the future so that we could provide you with a better stay. If you contact me directly to set up your reservation I can get you on the top floor. While it is not the seventh floor, we do have four and you would not have a noisy guest above you.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn several times now, most recently on the way to Hawaii for my wedding. My fiancee at the time and I did a Park N Fly, leaving from the Bellingham Airport. Since I'm a people person, I always call directly to make my reservation over the phone and the front desk staff are always extremely courteous, helpful and professional. I thought it was great that they upgraded me when they heard it was my wedding, the rooms are spot on, and the upper floor suite that I had this time was big, comfy, clean and quiet. The bathroom is large and very nice, great amenities. I have had the complimentary breakfast before which is excellent (Love the waffle maker machines) and was disappointed when I found out that due to my early flight the breakfast area wouldn't be open early enough. However, I must say that the hotel staff went the extra mile by providing myself, fiancee, and four other friends all with bagged breakfasts which included yogurt, banana, etc. The airport shuttle is always on time, and it's a quick five minute drive or less to the airport. Drivers have always been friendly and helpful. When you arrive back at the airport, there is a direct dial button and the hotel has the shuttle van there within a few mins. I have recommended the Heritage Inn to other friends of mine who have also stayed there and have all had great experiences such as myself. When flying out of Bellingham the Heritage Inn would be without a doubt my first and only choice. Thanks to you and your staff for consistent great service! Mike M. BC Canada.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on your marriage we wish you many years filled with love and happiness! Thank your for the wonderful review on our hotel! I am so happy that you found our Sleep & Fly package to be not only helpful but convenient for your travel needs. We have a wonderful staff throughout the hotel and I am pleased to hear that they were able to meet if not exceed all of your expectations during your stay. Please come and stay with us again soon!

Chilliwack, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took my mum for her birthday for a shopping spree to Bellingham. We stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn for the first time. We both loved it. Room was spotless, comfy beds with 4 fluffy pillows, walk in shower - everything looked up to date and modern. Staff very friendly and helpful. Though right next to the Highway - and we were facing the parking lot - we heard nothing until the morning deliveries and that's just because our window was left open. Used the small fridge, enjoyed the in room coffee and could not have had a better 'continental' breakfast that included the regular cereals, yogurt, toast, danish, coffee, tea, oj but also enjoyed sausage patties, eggs, waffles (you make yourself so fresh each time), flavored milks, 3 additional juices and fresh fruit. Bumped into a lovely lady cleaning the room across from us who gave us directions to the breakfast room and on way back took the time to ask if we enjoyed ourselves. Very pleasant stay - would definately go back and recommend. Also enjoy a meal at Mi Casa and Dennys that are situated in the same large parking lot across from Ross.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, just ask for a room in the back - there are 3 buildings for this hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay and our hotel. I am so pleased that everything was to your liking. We work very hard to provide each guest with a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit.