“Perfect park n fly hotel”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great place! Check in was a breeze, staff was great, shuttle service is great, good breakfast, comfy beds, shopping & restaurants all right there:) very reasonable overnight parking fees. Will definitely recommend this hotel:) will definitely be back:) clean, affordable, friendly, comfortable and all around a great park and fly choice:) will most definitely stay here when coming over to shop for a few days or have a flight out of Bellingham. Bellis fair mall is right there. Fantastic, affordable, clean hotel from shopping to park and fly, this was a great choice.

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Karen B
Tamara A, Director of Sales at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review regarding your stay and our hotel. We are having great success with our Sleep & Fly Package and I am glad we were able to satisfy all of your travel needs. We look forward to your next visit.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

we loved the hotel ,the room was great clean and the t.v was a flat screen set ,something that that the best western in quesnel didn't have, but I under now that they are changing all the old sets for new ones,,the early free breakfast was great as well what is up with all those pillows in the room and the lobby?,but sorry only two complaints I have ,the shuttle driver we had from the greyhound station ,and back was wonderful he seem to know the area very well, but as far as the front desk staff goes , I wonder where they live? most of them didn't have a clue about the local bus system, and most of the questions I had asked them ,it was sort of a argument situation,since I did most of my researching on line before I arrived,and that creaking noise upstairs,I realize it almost halloween soon ,but all day and night not sure about the day ,but when we were there you could hear it , and the floor had carpet we did talk to the manager worked some thing out it really wasn't much, if we do stay there again we will stay on the seventh floor ,oh,they don't have a seventh floor ,pity,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Joshua G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. I am sorry that you did not find your experience with us to be a satisfying one. We would love another opportunity to serve you again in the future so that we could provide you with a better stay. If you contact me directly to set up your reservation I can get you on the top floor. While it is not the seventh floor, we do have four and you would not have a noisy guest above you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn several times now, most recently on the way to Hawaii for my wedding. My fiancee at the time and I did a Park N Fly, leaving from the Bellingham Airport. Since I'm a people person, I always call directly to make my reservation over the phone and the front desk staff are always extremely courteous, helpful and professional. I thought it was great that they upgraded me when they heard it was my wedding, the rooms are spot on, and the upper floor suite that I had this time was big, comfy, clean and quiet. The bathroom is large and very nice, great amenities. I have had the complimentary breakfast before which is excellent (Love the waffle maker machines) and was disappointed when I found out that due to my early flight the breakfast area wouldn't be open early enough. However, I must say that the hotel staff went the extra mile by providing myself, fiancee, and four other friends all with bagged breakfasts which included yogurt, banana, etc. The airport shuttle is always on time, and it's a quick five minute drive or less to the airport. Drivers have always been friendly and helpful. When you arrive back at the airport, there is a direct dial button and the hotel has the shuttle van there within a few mins. I have recommended the Heritage Inn to other friends of mine who have also stayed there and have all had great experiences such as myself. When flying out of Bellingham the Heritage Inn would be without a doubt my first and only choice. Thanks to you and your staff for consistent great service! Mike M. BC Canada.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your marriage we wish you many years filled with love and happiness! Thank your for the wonderful review on our hotel! I am so happy that you found our Sleep & Fly package to be not only helpful but convenient for your travel needs. We have a wonderful staff throughout the hotel and I am pleased to hear that they were able to meet if not exceed all of your expectations during your stay. Please come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took my mum for her birthday for a shopping spree to Bellingham. We stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn for the first time. We both loved it. Room was spotless, comfy beds with 4 fluffy pillows, walk in shower - everything looked up to date and modern. Staff very friendly and helpful. Though right next to the Highway - and we were facing the parking lot - we heard nothing until the morning deliveries and that's just because our window was left open. Used the small fridge, enjoyed the in room coffee and could not have had a better 'continental' breakfast that included the regular cereals, yogurt, toast, danish, coffee, tea, oj but also enjoyed sausage patties, eggs, waffles (you make yourself so fresh each time), flavored milks, 3 additional juices and fresh fruit. Bumped into a lovely lady cleaning the room across from us who gave us directions to the breakfast room and on way back took the time to ask if we enjoyed ourselves. Very pleasant stay - would definately go back and recommend. Also enjoy a meal at Mi Casa and Dennys that are situated in the same large parking lot across from Ross.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, just ask for a room in the back - there are 3 buildings for this hote...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay and our hotel. I am so pleased that everything was to your liking. We work very hard to provide each guest with a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A very different construction style... separate small buildings with some trees around it in the middle of a commercial area. No elevator ? But very nice rooms and the room rate was MUCH lower for a king bed than the other Bellingham BW property we tried first. The breakfast was particularly 'cardboard" and the coffee was awful. I dont know why we even try these standardized cardboard breakfast setups anymore...I suspect they all come in big bundles from the same mega-supply chain. What would it hurt for them to actually offer to make an omelet for you instead of offering overcooked eggs in a pan that run water out the spoon when you serve it up?? SIGH.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the building farthest way from the Interstate 5 freeway ...which is very close...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshua G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a superior experience to everyone who walks through our doors. I am sorry that you did not find our hot breakfast to be to your liking. We serve Seattle's Best brand coffee in our breakfast room and lobby. We generally receive comments of praise from our Guests about it. I am sorry that you did not find it to be to your taste.

We appreciate your business very much and hope that you will come and stay with us again during your next visit to Bellingham.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 8 times in the last few years as it is very convienent for parking and flying to my business confrences in Las Vegas and Phoenix but as I just noticed while booking for my confrence in December to phoenix you no longer have a Canadian Government rate. This could be a downfall for future planning as we book many rooms sometime.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage you may want to request a lower floor as there is no elavator!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank logolfer
Joshua G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Our Canadian Government rate is still being offered in December and will continue to be offered indefinitely. If you were booking on the new Best Western website then it is located in a new spot. When on our Hotel page click on Hotel offers / packages and the Canadian Government rate is listed there.

If there is anything else I can do for you please contact the hotel and let me know. Thank you!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a great large room and bed. Modern, beautiful bathroom with good supplies. Nice complimentary breakfast with helpful, pleasant attendants. Could have used an elevator in the building we were in. Also, light on TV was distracting to sleep. good Internet access too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our Hotel! I am pleased that you found our accommodations met your traveling needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.