All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefront deskhour shuttle servicebacon or sausagewithin a mile radiusgreat hotelthe spring hill suitesparking garagesmall kitchenettefree shuttlei highly recommend this hotellobby areaoatmealincluded breakfastdefinitely stay here againgreat amenities
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel. Hot breakfast in the morning is included to your stay and the selection of food is not bad at all. I know I can’t ask for too much but I wish they would change the menu every day:)
I have stayed here for 7 nights and they barely ever changed any menu. Looking at the same menu every morning wasn’t a fun experience. But again, it’s all included to your stay so it’s kinda nice to get free food to begin with.
I have stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with a full size kitchen so you could cook your own food if you wanted to. Since all the 2bedroom units are facing the busy street, it gets pretty loud. If you are a light sleeper, do not stay in the 2bedroom suite

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2018

At check-in I gave the staff member my Marriott Corporate Gift Card (a Christmas gift from a family member) to be used to pay for my room. She ran the card, and said that she her system would not recognize it. I was stumped and asked her if this is common. She claimed to have never even seen a Marriott Gift Card before, so did not know what to do. I asked her if anyone else on staff could assist her. She phoned another staff member, who tried to give her some assistance to no avail. She was told though that at checkout, this would be taken care of. I however, did not feel secure with this answer, and asked her, what would happen if at checkout, the staff member at that time had no idea what to do? She shrugged her shoulders and assured me they would figure it out. Not feeling comfortable with this, I suggested I prepay for my room with the Gift Card, rather than wait to check out, and I asked if there was a manager that could assist me. She called over to Springhill Suites, a sister Marriott property directly adjacent (sharing the same building) and a manager came over.

He tried a few things, but their system would not even allow a search for Gift Cards. He then said he would have to call their Technical Support team at Marriott for assistance and asked if I could leave the Gift Card with him. Eventually they got it sorted out, it turned out that the room charge has to be applied to the folio, before their system will allow a Gift Card payment, but I thought that training for their staff was certainly lacking. The first staff member had never even seen a Gift Card, so how could she have been trained with it's use?

In any event, we checked in, got to our room, and later that evening I was preparing to take a shower, when I noticed what appeared to be blood spattered on the opaque shower curtain, and also on the bathroom wall near the light switch. I photographed these and attach them.

When we checked out the next day, I showed these to the staff member handling our checkout, and also the Feedback form that described these findings for management. The clerk was taken aback and apologized profusely. I thanked her, and said, well it was not her fault but I thought management would want to know. She agreed, and said she would compensate us by applying a $35 credit to my account. I hesitated at this, since I had paid most of the account the night before with the Gift Card, that I had left with the manager, which he did not return to me. I explained this to the clerk, and since I only had a balance of about $25 on my folio charge, I explained that this would leave me with a $10 credit on my Gift Card, which I no longer had. She then continued to work on the computer and I asked her if she could explain what she was doing. She stared back at me and said rather indignantly "preparing your final bill". I asked her about the credit she promised and she barked back, "I am doing what you asked, and not giving you a credit". I was stunned by this, as I had not rejected her offer, but simply told her I did not have the Gift Card that she was going to apply the credit to, so that would have been wasted. I was about to suggest a $25 credit, rather than the $35 credit she offered, would be just fine, which would bring my folio to zero, and that would be the end of it. However, she walked off in a huff, and said she would get a manager. I waited a few moments, and she came back and said she was going to put 20,000 points on my Marriott Rewards instead which would give me one free night at Marriott.

This was overly generous, and was never my intention. Here was another staff member that needed some additional training, but this time in communication. As it turned out, this handling of a simple situation will now cost Marriott upwards to $200, when $35 was more than generously offered, and $25 would have sufficed, but due to a staff member's inability to communicate through active listening and clear understanding, she became frustrated and upset with a customer who was only trying to clarify the circumstances.

All in all, not a good experience at the TownPlace Suites by Marriott at Bellingham. Being a longtime Hilton member, and a first-time Marriott member, I will likely stay across the street at the Hilton property next time.

Room Tip: Good breakfast, plentiful. Lots of parking. Rooms are all about the same as far as choice.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

From arrival throughout our stay, awesome service from all the staff we met & very clean, well maintained facilities.

Upon arrival, we were greeted and made most welcome with breakfast info. explained without us asking.

Room and all facilities well maintained and very clean. Room had equipped kitchen area, was spacious and had thick and plenty of towels.

Pool had plenty of towels and drink machine as well as an outside balcony area for those who want to sit in the sun.

The breakfast offered plenty of hot/cold options in both the smaller venue of the TownePlace Suites & it's neighbor the Springhill Suites.

The bar in the Springhill Suites was a fun place to be with super bar staff.

There is a free shuttle within a 5 mile radius, just ask at reception & call for a pickup for your return.

We will return

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Very clean and the staff are very fun and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. Also has a pool and a workout centre. The rooms themselves include a functional kitchenette and well laid out desk for working.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The staff is very helpful, the rooms are spacious and very clean. The food from the hotel bar was good but the breakfast was a little bland. I highly suggest trying the Dirty Denise at their bar!

Also, easy access to airport.

Stayed: July 2018