“My 8th Annual Extended Stay”
Review of Bay City Motor Inn

Bay City Motor Inn
Bay City Motor Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just recently returned from my 8th annual extended stay at the Bay City Motor Inn. As always I had a clean, comfortable room ay a reasonable price. And as always Lucky and his family and the other staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful. Lucky is continuously updating and remodeling. I have come to look upon the Bay City as my home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BillinJensenBeach

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Traveling through found this hotel which was near Western University where I have friends. Staff great rooms, not so great. Had to stay in the "lower level" and previous reviews tell the story. For bikers the lot is really not too secure so park near the office. Great Japanese steak house across the street. ......................................................

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were travelling with friends recently and had an overnight stay at the Bay City Motor Inn. Both our rooms were clean and roomy with comfortable beds. We prefer upper floor rooms for the noise factor, but were on the main floor this time AND it was QUIET. Breakfast was your basic with juice, fruit , dry cereal, toast and Danish. Good coffee. I highly recommend staying there for the comfort and value.

Room Tip: we were given handicap rooms. Nice big bathrooms:)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had booked 3 nights thru Expedia and pre-paid. The place is terrible---Beds soft, lumpy and squeaky. Only 2 low low wattage bulbs in Room 101. Expedia should be ashamed for rating this place higher than 2 stars. Will NEVER BOOK THRU EXPEDIA AGAIN. You have been warned .

Room Tip: I Think all rooms are bad.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bhadrakumar
Reviewed May 28, 2013

They advertise AAA and Senior discount but when asked for it they "claim" the rate was "prediscounted". Asked for a cash discount, non offered. Should have "voted" with my foot by going elsewhere but I like to support sole proprietorships over chains because they have "management" flexibility. This family run business was inflexible and I now understand when a previous poster asked if he could leave his bags for the day, that they would not allow him unless he paid for a room. I'd look elsewhere just based on their mgmt. Family run managers like this really don't deserve the business unless you are in a pinch for a room. I'd go with a chain. The business is showing its age, stay was quiet and reasonably comfortable otherwise.

Room Tip: I'd ask for room towards the back to get away from the cooking odors from the resident manager c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victor F
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed this past weekend with my husband and two children. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bathroom was beautiful with the ceramic tile. The room was clean and smelled good. The furniture looks like it has been replaced recently. We got a good night sleep and the kids loved the continental breakfast. I really appreciated that the muffins were pre-cut this made it so my kids did not waste a whole one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank genm68
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I were very pleased with the Bay City Motor Inn. The front desk was very helpful with resturant recomendations and other activities to do. The Motel was very clean, quiet and ooh the beds were wonderful!! Thanks Bay City for your friendly hospitality.

The Andersons of Salem Oregon