“Great park...but not for dogs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Padden Park

Lake Padden Park
Ranked #4 of 81 things to do in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: This 900 acre park offers several miles of walking and biking trails.
Bellingham, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great park...but not for dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I took my kids and now my grandkids to this park. It is a lovely park for playing, running/walking and swimming. Lat spring I thought I would take our puppy there and he had a great time. Unfortunitly he drank some of the water from the lake and ended up with a bacterial infection. The vet asked where we had been and said it that Paddon was not a good place to take any animals. Now I know and so do you.

Visited May 2012

Bellingham, Washington
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great place for gatherings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a really nice, family-gathering kind of place. Plenty of room for picnics. The off-leash dog area is maybe a little too much like a vacant lot, but in general the park is dog friendly. Dogs can even go for a swim in a special dog swimming area. The upper trails are wonderful, if a bit strenuous.

Visited August 2012
Seattle
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Golf here! wide fairways, good course.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent golf course at the lake. I didn't use any of the other recreational facilities. The course is wide, not overwhelmed with bunkers and water hazzards. I am a beginning golfer and simply loved every hole.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“One of the best places for a walk in Bellingham - or picnic! Or quiet kayak paddle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I love, love, love walking around Lake Padden with my mother. It's such a lovely, peaceful place. Great for seeing birds, picnicing or having a wave-free kayak paddle. Highly recommended! Oh - I see lots of bicyclists there too - so it must be a good place to ride. And I've horseback ridden there - great for that too.

Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice park with great open space for those of us who are park flyers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am an RC plane pilot, and I like to fly my 4ft and smaller planes at local parks. I happened to bring one of them with me to Bellingham and took it out to Padden park.
At the end of the park there is a big sports field, with a decent opening over the lake and the tall trees keep the wind to a minimum. Float planes should do well on the lake as well.

Visited September 2012