“Fish & Chips”
Review of Poppe's - CLOSED

Poppe's
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Best of the Northwest Results have been tallied and with THOUSANDS of votes by the community - Poppes360 has WON again For: Best Cocktail and Best Bar & Lounge. Poppes360 is open daily from 4 p.M. Until close. We feature a full dinner menu with large and small plates available, as well as 12 beers on tap, a signature and traditional martini menu, and a northwest and regional wine list. We also offer nightly entertainment, and 8 large screen Televisions to watch sports. And, we are home to Bellingham's only year-round covered outdoor patio with three fire pits, 6 - 360 heat, swanky seating and cozy throw blankets.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I know I come from England but the Fish & Chip I had here was disgusting A mound of dry chips with two small withered pieces of fish mainly batter stuck on top

Dana W, Director of Operations at Poppe's, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Alan R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Poppes 360. I am disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your time there. I will make sure our culinary team is made aware right away of the Fish and Chips and corrective steps will be taken to make it right.

Thank you for letting us know, and we hope to see you again soon!

Make it a great day!

Mr. Dana Weber
Director of Operations
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn

Reviewed October 15, 2012

While this is a great place to grab some drinks, I can't say the same about the food. I always like to check a menu before going to a restaurant/bar, so I checked the website (http://www.thelakewayinn.com/pdfs/MENU-Poppes-dinner.pdf). This was not what was available at the bar. What we did order was terrible (and not listed on the menu I found online). The cheese on the cheese fries was not melted (and it was packaged grated cheese, not freshly grated). The chicken in the quesadilla was similar to lunch meat...slimy and over processed. The only saving grace was the green salad...and even that was topped with the kind of grated carrot you'd find in the grocery store. That said, the atmosphere is wonderful. Its a great place to enjoy drinks whether inside or out on their newly remodeled patio. I love that they serve your martini with the shaker so one martini is more like two and a half martinis.

smtsccs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Poppes 360. I am disappointed to hear about your food experience. We are going through a menu change as I type and we will make sure all websites are updated as well. I have also forwarded these comments on to our culinary team to correct ASAP.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the drinks and we hope to see you again real soon!

Make it a great day!

Mr. Dana Weber
Director of Operations
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Caters to the loud partying/drinking crowd. Very limited menu and unpleasant atmosphere. Bartender lacking in social/people skills.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

not your typical hotel restaurant. The Oboe Cafe features fresh seafood, delicious pastas and home made desserts. great value and relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was in walking distance from our hotel so it was the obvious choice after a day of travel. What a great dinner! I had the blackened chicken thigh on rice with yogurt, grilled asparagus, a salsa of melon, cucumber and red onion on basmati rice. Husband had a burger and fries. Very very good crispy fries! My meal was delicious and I enjoyed every bite. Very fresh, very tasty. Husband enjoyed his burger but he could only put a small dent into the fries. We liked it so much that we returned the next night and ate there again! He had the chicken dish and I had the special, a pasta in cream sauce with prawns and fresh vegetables. SO good! The little details were what made this dish, like zest of lemon, which at first I thought was parmesan. Turned an ordinary creamy pasta dish into something special. Again, very fresh, very good. We will be returning to Bellingham in a few weeks with friends and we are taking them there for dinner, for sure. I want to try one of the $12 martinis: they fill your glass and leave the shaker and the variety of drinks is amazing. The service, both times was wonderful and I definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Moochiecat