“Italian lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roeder
Description: Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay and with Chef Christian Turner focusing on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique, our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $14.95 Sunday thru Thursday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Or come join us for happy hour and our hand crafted Infusion Cocktails as well as Chef Turner's Balsamic Rosemary Glazed Ribs! With our two large outdoor dining terraces as well as our main dining area's Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had not been to the location on the waterfront. The restaurant is large, open done in Golds and cream. The view just makes the setting nice. I had vongole, the dish was tasty and we'll presented. Service was friendly and attentive.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Lummi Island, United States
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'll admit it, we're cheap retirees, so when Giuseppe's had a coupon in the paper (first time in years), we grabbed it. Dinner was spectaular. The service was great. And the atmosphere delightful. The appetiser platter ($14) was a bargain w/ wonderful meats, cheese, olives & veggies. My husband had a seafood curry type dish. He was blown away. I had a shrimp linguine. It was absolutely delicious. I wiped the plate w/ the bread, since licking it would have been inappropriate. My husband enjoyed the coffee & I had a glass of excellent wine. With all this, since we had the coupon, we got out for $60 including tip. The Early Bird Special is $20/person for salad, entree & dessert. We'll try that next time & there will be a next time! A memorable and delightful meal.

• Visited February 2014
Regina, Canada
“Beet salad was awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Yellow and red beets in a sweet balsamic dressing, goat cheese, candied walnuts and arugula

Wow

Service excellent

Nonnas ravioli nice as well

Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious Meals, Good Wine/Beer, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

One of the best places to eat in Bellingham. Not cheap, but not bad for the atmosphere, either. Giuseppe is a very "hands on" owner, helping with the seating, assisting wait staff, talking to customers, etc. My salmon dish was prepared very well and was delicious. Ditto for the seafood and pasta that my partner had. It is very apparent to me that Giuseppe watches over every detail of his business, zipping around the restaurant constantly. Keep it up Giuseppe! I will be back for that special occasion.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joe N
Bradford, New Hampshire, United States
“Giuseppe's Italian Joke ???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went to Giuseppe's for supper on Saturday nite Jan 18th.We were visiting family in Bellingham.My husband got the Cioppino Isola Bella.The mussels SPOILED !!! Apparently the mussels were dead before the chef cooked them or slightly opened before the chef cooked them.I am a chef.Trust me they were SPOILED !!! We informed the owner Giuseppe and also asked him to smell them. Giuseppe returned with a small saucer of more SPOILED mussels for my husband.You could smell the SPOILED mussels from across the table.We dediced to be polite and ask for a doggy bag.Explaining that he was to full to eat anymore.Giuseppe returned again to offer a free piece of Tiramisu for our troubles.Which was good.We dumped the SPOILED mussels in the dumpster outside.OH !! by the why we were charged $29.00 for the SPOILED mussels !! WHAT THE HECK!! Of course, we will not return to Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant.So, glad my husband didn't get sick.I also hope anyone else that got that batch of mussels didn't get sick either.

• Visited January 2014