“Great lunch spot...”

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roeder
Description: Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay and with Chef Christian Turner focusing on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique, our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $14.95 Sunday thru Thursday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Or come join us for happy hour and our hand crafted Infusion Cocktails as well as Chef Turner's Balsamic Rosemary Glazed Ribs! With our two large outdoor dining terraces as well as our main dining area's Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on the way to Vancouver from Seattle...Owner is friendly, service is good, restaurant is comfortable, chicken parm is very good....tiramisu is great

Seattle has tons of great restaurants...but if I lived there, I wouldn't be able to resist taking Chuckanut Drive to Bellingham for lunch every once in a while...

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Its been a year since we visited Giuseppe's. After last night, we will have to eat here more often. We are foodies, so we brought our own wine ($15 corkage). There were 5 of us, and we all had some of the best food of our lives. The appetizers were great- calamari in red sauce and mussels. I usually prefer calamari fried with aoli sauce to start, but the calamari was tender and lovely. The halibut with lemon risotto was awesome.Having just come back from Naxos, Greece, my partner ordered the Naxos seafood pasta. It was perfect. Every piece of seafood was fresh and perfectly cooked. One of us had the duck (again perfectly pink) with the best gnocchi I have ever had. It was grilled on the outside and melt in your mouth delicious. We also had a steak, again beautifully cooked, and the chicken. I was really amazed. I do remember it was good last year, but the food has made a tremendous jump since their move to the Marina, and it is now an outstanding restaurant. Perfect service. We took our adult children, but I would not recommend this for families with very young ones.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a very wet and stormy evening looking for some good homestyle food. And we found it. Menu is long and varied. Good Italian cooking. Our server was very attentive and professional. Good place to go to.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This dining experience was one for the record books! We just returned from Italy, and entered into the restaurant greeted with a warm italian welcome. The flavors of Italy were merged with the flavors of the Pacific Northwest in such a way that it made me anxious for my eventual return. A wonderful wine list, and an attentive waiter added to our overall experience. The specials were explained in exquisite detail, and as it turns out I didn't even open the menu. Definitely one of the best meals I've ever eaten at a restaurant. Food and service exceptional!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I are loyal customers to this delectable and delicious restaurant, and even friends with the owner. The Caprese salad is delicious, their pesto pasta a must-have and they have impeccable soups. I love how they have a gluten free option and because I'm gluten-intolerant, I appreciate how delicious the gluten free pastas are.
Service is kind and caring, scenery amazing outside. The only real drawback is that the owner is so rude and mean to his employees, and some waiters I'm friends with had to quit because they were being treated with such blatant disrespect. I only go here if I'm not paying, because there's no way I'm spending my money on an establishment that has no regards for the employees.